Extended Warranty Options - Thoughts..?

Kuro

Just wondering what the group thoughts were re extended warranties..?

Worth it or not - seems a lot for piece of mind. But then again, it only takes one window motor to pack up and it's paid for itself :scare:

Are there any other decent suppliers aside from Nissan?

Worth it or not - seems a lot for piece of mind. But then again, it only takes one window motor to pack up and it's paid for itself :scare:

I reckon I'm gonna tack another year on - about £450 iirc. Suppose it all depends on what your plans are for the car. My plan is probably sell next summer and it'll be a better proposition with 18months manufacturer warranty on it

in my experience not worth the paper there printed on! Generally tie you in to expensive dealer service schedule, save the money and put it towards any repairs

in my experience not worth the paper there printed on! Generally tie you in to expensive dealer service schedule, save the money and put it towards any repairs

Tim, would you not agree though that to extend the Nissan warranty (I'm thinking more as per my example) would be a good decision?

Agreed that a lot of other extended warranties have far too many get out clauses.

Tim, would you not agree though that to extend the Nissan warranty (I'm thinking more as per my example) would be a good decision?

Agreed that a lot of other extended warranties have far too many get out clauses.

To be frank Andy I wouldnt want to put my trust (or money ) in any warranty product Nissan Uk endorsed... from what I can gather from this forum they seem to try and wriggle out of their normal warranty obligations never mind an extended one.....my own experience with Nissan warranty service has been from poor to abysmal, but this is with a Nissan commercial vehicle,and I wouldnt want to prolong the relationship any longer than nescessary :headhurt:

To be frank Andy I wouldnt want to put my trust (or money ) in any warranty product Nissan Uk endorsed... from what I can gather from this forum they seem to try and wriggle out of their normal warranty obligations never mind an extended one.....my own experience with Nissan warranty service has been from poor to abysmal, but this is with a Nissan commercial vehicle,and I wouldnt want to prolong the relationship any longer than nescessary :headhurt:

My thoughts exactly. Although I can't complain at Nissan GB as they have been fine with me. The Stealer has just been shocking. They have put me right off.

My thoughts exactly. Although I can't complain at Nissan GB as they have been fine with me. The Stealer has just been shocking. They have put me right off.

Yes no matter how good the warranty appears on paper, it's down to the Dealerships to process the claims/repairs etc. and this where it falls down... The Nissan range of vehicles is very good , the service / warranty side implemented by the dealers is where it comes apart at the seams. This is not just confined to Nissan dealerships , I have experienced shocking service from many brands inc. some so called prestige makes :headhurt:

The older the car the more scope they dealer also has to use the old "normal wear" clause. Something that failed after 1 year which would be covered by warranty may well not be covered after 3.5yrs as they could claim its wear and tear.

I would say you are better off saving your money. I don't think you will sell the car for £400 due to the warranty.

The older the car the more scope they dealer also has to use the old "normal wear" clause. Something that failed after 1 year which would be covered by warranty may well not be covered after 3.5yrs as they could claim its wear and tear.

I would say you are better off saving your money. I don't think you will sell the car for £400 due to the warranty.

My experience with getting warranty work done has been first rate, as Tim says it is very much down to the dealer, but mine have always been very receptive to carrying out the work.

Rob, surely if you were looking at 2 cars - 1 with 6months warranty on and 1 with 18months warranty on for similar money you'd pick the one with longer warranty? I know I would, I intend to use it as a selling tool.

I probably would Andy. It does make sense. Although you'll have to find a non Zedder to buy it as anyone who has trawled through forums will realise the warranty isn't the best - depending where you go though!

Although you'll have to find a non Zedder to buy it as anyone who has trawled through forums will realise the warranty isn't the best - depending where you go though!

Possibly true Stew, but I always take the attitude that something is better than nothing. Plus if I end up selling locally I can always point them in the direction of my dealers

My experience with getting warranty work done has been first rate, as Tim says it is very much down to the dealer, but mine have always been very receptive to carrying out the work.

Rob, surely if you were looking at 2 cars - 1 with 6months warranty on and 1 with 18months warranty on for similar money you'd pick the one with longer warranty? I know I would, I intend to use it as a selling tool.

the 18 month over 6 month warranty vehicle, wouldnt sway me if the 18 month car was more money to be honest :blush: but like you say not everyone thinks like me (thank God :scare: )and it would be a nice marketing tool.. stick with your dealer if your pleased with em Andy they are a rare bird indeed :thumbs:

stick with your dealer if your pleased with em Andy they are a rare bird indeed :thumbs:

To be honest I thought Nissan dealers providing great service were Dodos. It's nice to see someone getting the service that a premium product deserves.

Yes I agree if they are the same price but that means you are loosing out on your investment.

If it were Car A at 15K with no warranty and Car B at 15.4K then I would probably go for Car A

Really? I wouldn't. I think that 400quid is a small price to pay (especially in your example when 15grand is being spent) for a bit of peace of mind. I'm not expecting to get more but a nice quick sale is always nice and I'm hoping that it'll help :teeth:

the 18 month over 6 month warranty vehicle, wouldnt sway me if the 18 month car was more money to be honest :blush: but like you say not everyone thinks like me (thank God :scare: )and it would be a nice marketing tool.. stick with your dealer if your pleased with em Andy they are a rare bird indeed :thumbs:

It would definately sway me and I'd be prepared to pay a small premium for an extra year of warranty, although as I've just said to Rob, I'm not expecting it to increase my price purely to help me to sell nice & quick when the time comes :teeth:

It would definately sway me and I'd be prepared to pay a small premium for an extra year of warranty, although as I've just said to Rob, I'm not expecting it to increase my price purely to help me to sell nice & quick when the time comes :teeth:

what have you got your eye on buying after the Zed Andy??

what have you got your eye on buying after the Zed Andy??

At the moment I'm thinking another Z mate, tbh for the money there's nothing I'd rather have. Its time to slate Andy - but since I was a little lad I've always, always wanted an M3 (and I do like the new RS4) but I really can't justify or afford to splash iro £50k on a car at the moment and I can't see that much is going to change over the next 12 months.

The decisions I've gotta make is what colour, buy nearly new or a bit older, buy a modded one (ie s/c or tt), kitted or not, buy a jdm and mod it myself. I don't know mate, I'm in no mans land at the mo! But theres plenty of ideas going on, just need to work out my plan. Gotta have a goal eh or you're never gonna get there :teeth:

after all the issues I had with Nissan stealers not accepting warranty claims, ignoring faults we know are warranty claims in other countys - why give them 450 quid for basically **** all?

Join the AA, take out their warranty cover = 100 per year for life of car, its much better than the manufacturer warranty