Any Gamblers amongst us?

jaxx

i dont want to start a war on the, 'its fixed' - 'it aint fixed', but a story for you;

Bloke at work knows someone he used to know years back who is now a pro gambler, he sees him in the bookies now and then and has a quick chat. sometimes only sometimes he will give him a bet on a horse. 99% of the time it will come 1st, and never seems to be a favorite apparantly. 20/1 - 33/1 and the like, which isnt rare for these odd ones to come in 1st but to predict from a 20 horse race, 10 of them would be greater than say 10/1.......chances of picking the right one is slim at best.

anyway this particular day he told him to bet the house, wife, kids, cars everythings you have on this horse.........bit confident as you can imagine that this horse was coming 1st! m8 at work put a tenner on, his brother unknowing to him after hearing the tip but a few £100 on.

........it came 1st! at some stupid odds. why be so confident at a horse that prob hasnt run in months, same jockey, same trainer blah blah blah, why would you even put a £1 on. does make you think, if your a pro you most have numerous contacts in each sport, you have to lol.

im not really in to the horse racing, trainers, jockeys, weights, type of ground etc etc but as they race 365 days of the year (and thats just over here) no wonder its so popular. i use sites like 'gg' and have a small dable here and there

waffling on a bit here, sorry. but you get my point.

I play poker frequently.

I bet on the horses now and again, but i have to agree with post above, my mate owns a horse and his horse will run down the field a few times then when its a decent price it has always delivered.

Plenty times the same trainer has had favourite in the race as well and he will tell me its not trying...

once in a blue moon trip to the dogs at walthamstow, very rare game of black jack; used to play poker but haven't for a long time, i liked 5 card stud, but played a bit of texas holdum.

once a year small bet on the nationals and the occasional international rugby match.

never place bigger than 1 pound bet at the dogs, or a fiver on international rugby games, poker was limited to 20 quid for the night.

i played for fun and only played with what i was happy with losing; as i'm never happy losing money i only play with small amounts :lol: i did it for fun and the social aspect as its often with mates. wouldn't do it for the sake of it. or to try and make big money.