GB: 370z Tax Disks

mpkayeuk

This is an opportunity to buy both plain and customised tax disk holders for the 370z. The disks are genuine Richbrook Twist-off holders and come directly to you in a Jiffy type postal bag with clear sticky pads for fitting included. The disks are laser engraved by a company called laser-grave. The quality of the work is outstanding. For clarity, I have no connection with the company whatsoever, they just looked a good option when I was looking to have a disk made up for myself. The 40th Anniversary artwork has been done by myself, the 370z logo (both 370z an the single Z) are from a license free source. The disks are available in several colours and you can place an order for any combination of colour and logo. I have come up with a few combinations of logos for both Black Edition owners and regular 370z owners.

The list price for a custom disk is £19.99 including postage. The disks are sourced and customised in the UK so there are no further charges to pay if the delivery address is in the UK.

This group buy will close on February 28th. This is mainly because for custom disks I will be producing the artwork that you will then submit to laser-grave with your order, out of the goodness of my heart :clap: So given that I don't want to be doing it all year :bangin:

The group-buy prices include postage to your address and are as follows:

• [*:3hgd830v]10+ orders - £14 including postage
    [*:3hgd830v]20+ orders - £13 including postage

As an example of the quality, I have had two disks made up and the black looks the best. Here is what it looks like when done:

P1010210_2.jpg

Here is the range of colours, from left to right, black, silver, blue, titanium, pink:

TaxDiskcolours.png

The following logo styles are available.

STYLE 1 - Plain Z Logo:

TaxDiskPlainZ.gif

STYLE 2 - Plain Nissan 370z Logo:

TaxDiskPlainNissan.gif

STYLE 3 - Plain 40th Anniversary Logo:

TaxDiskPlain40th.gif

STYLE 4 - Custom Nismo Style 40th Anniversary Logo:

TaxDiskNismoStyle.gif

STYLE 5 - Custom Black Edition 40th Anniversary Logo:

TaxDiskBlackEdition.gif

STYLE 6 - Custom 40th Anniversary Logo:

TaxDisk40thBuildNumber.gif

Please reply with the style you want if you are definitely interested (don't forget to include your build number if you're ordering style 4, 5 or 6) and I will add you to the list in the following post. I don't need to know the colour, you will be able to specify that when you order from laser-grave. Once we have 10 disks I will start producing the artwork for everyone who has shown an interest and make the file available to you. After the closing date I will ask laser-grave to put up a special order section on their website where you can submit the artwork I have provided and choose the colour you would like.

Phew, long post :yahoo:

MASTER ORDER LIST

#. Name - Logo Style - Build Number (if applicable):

1. mpkayeuk - 6 - 177

2. bakseedaa - 6 - 8

3. Ebized - 2

4. MBS - 6 - 135

5. The G Man - 2

6. 113z - 6 - 113

7. HaydnH - 1

8. Chris`I - 6 - 95

Guys, remember I don't need the colour of the disk because you will specify that when you order.

List adjusted - and mpkayeuk and bakseedaa, please check I have interpreted your requirements correctly.

1. mpkayeuk - black - style6 - No.177

2. bakseedaa - black - style6 - No.8

3. Ebized - black - style2

4. MBS-Black - Style 6 - No 135

5 The G Man - black - style 2

Guys, no need to maintain an ordering list, I'm doing it for you in the second post in this thread :)

REMEMBER: I just need the style, and if it's style 4, 5 or 6, your build number. I don't need colour because you will choose that when you order online from laser-grave.

1 in black please.

mpkayeuk needs a bit more info than that - see his ask ^^^^^ :bangin:

He only needs the style... I want style 1! What's wrong with that?!? :boxing:

:blush: opps, I thought you were just confirming you only wanted one disc - now why would I think you needed two :wacko::blush:

Sorry mpkayeuk, I'll go and hide now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, sorry for the massive delay on this but I have finally finished the designs!

PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY :)

The first step is to download the custom vector graphics for the discs, it's easier than it sounds :D The files are in a special format called EPS, you may or may not be able to view them on your computer depending on what software you have. If you can't DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THIS. The files are fine. You can download the EPS files from my website here (feel free to take a look at my photography while you're there :lol:), each one is LABELLED WITH YOUR USERNAME:

http://www.alluringperception.com/fileshare/zstuff

You might need to right click on the file link and select something like "Save linked file to..." This depends on your web browser. Make sure you end up with a file on your hard drive with the extension .eps. You will need this file for the next step.

To buy your disc you will need to go to this link:

http://laser-grave.co.uk/index.php/create-your-own-1/create-your-own.html

On that page you will need to upload the EPS file you just downloaded. Click the choose file button and select the EPS file to upload it.

Select whichever colour disc you'd prefer, but black does look amazing :) Don't add any custom text unless you really want to for some reason. The fonts won't match if you do though and it will make the logo I have produced smaller. Then order as you would on any other website. As mentioned previously, because we couldn't get enough together for a group buy, they will be £19.99 each I'm afraid.

Here is a preview of your EPS files:

The G Man

thegman.gif

Me :p

mpkayeuk.gif

MBS

mbs.gif

HaydnH

haydnh.gif

Ebized

ebized.gif

Chris`l

chrisl.gif

Bakseedaa

bakseedaa.gif

113z

113z.gif

Erm :blush: Being a bit of an IT clown, I think I followed your instructions, but when I downloaded the file, chose the colour, and clicked on add to basket, I got this,

The file 'Tax Disk (The G Man).ps' for 'Upload Your Logo - (Vector Image only please! If you have another imge type then email us for a quote)' has an invalid extension

I'm lost now :shrug:

I'm not a Windows expert if that's what you're using :) But if you get properties of the file you might be able to rename it. Or if you change your view options so extensions are no longer hidden, that would also allow you to edit the filename directly.