Nismo Replica Kit

Martyn

Slightly off topic for this thread

I know it has been commected before that even the genuine rear nismo spats look a bit "stuck on" but how does the kit affix to the car? Is it really a double sided sticky tape job or is there something more sustantial?

Slightly off topic for this thread

I know it has been commected before that even the genuine rear nismo spats look a bit "stuck on" but how does the kit affix to the car? Is it really a double sided sticky tape job or is there something more sustantial?

Its bolted on ;)

I put a non genuine Veilside kit on a Supra. Looks the dogs dagglies when finished but what you save on the kit you pay for it getting it fitted, sprayed and bonded to the car. It also needed hacking around with because it didn't fit properly. Absolute nightmare. Also fibre glass kits are not as forgiving as the orginal plastic type from Nissan which are flexible.

The slightest knocks on fibreglass means back to the body shop! Don't do it! :thumbdown:

I put a non genuine Veilside kit on a Supra. Looks the dogs dagglies when finished but what you save on the kit you pay for it getting it fitted, sprayed and bonded to the car. It also needed hacking around with because it didn't fit properly. Absolute nightmare. Also fibre glass kits are not as forgiving as the orginal plastic type from Nissan which are flexible.

The slightest knocks on fibreglass means back to the body shop! Don't do it! :thumbdown:

Very true, the trouble i have with cracked paintwork on the vette is crazy.

so Nismo US = plastic

Nismo JP = fibreglass

and what are the diffs between US and JP except for the rear spoiler? I guess a rear spoiler in fibreglass isnt really a problem, are you are unlikely to hit sth with it or stonechip it

US Nismo bumper is just an add on lip to the original bumper :dry: