Insurance Heist

bsled

Just spoke to my insurance company today (Barclays) and found out that they have automatically renewed my insurance without contacting me. They claim a letter was sent out on December 23rd, which I did not receive. Here is the kicker: policy increased from £405 a year to £1520, this despite no changes to the policy and an additional year of NCD: 8 years. The car is stored in a locked garage and I only drive 3,000 miles a year. They had no valid explanation, just that the insurance market is a live market. No surprise, I cancelled the policy.

My question: the car is stored over the winter, does anyone know of an insurance company that will issue a storage policy?

Thanks

program on the other night an elderly woman has been insured with Tesco for years she went to renew her policy and they told her they do not insure N12 (Tottenham) post code as it's a high risk area, I think this insurance lark is getting a joke.

Just spoke to my insurance company today (Barclays) and found out that they have automatically renewed my insurance without contacting me. They claim a letter was sent out on December 23rd, which I did not receive. Here is the kicker: policy increased from £405 a year to £1520, this despite no changes to the policy and an additional year of NCD: 8 years. The car is stored in a locked garage and I only drive 3,000 miles a year. They had no valid explanation, just that the insurance market is a live market. No surprise, I cancelled the policy.

My question: the car is stored over the winter, does anyone know of an insurance company that will issue a storage policy?

Thanks

:scare::scare: thats a huge increase :scare::scare: Really how can that be justified if your risk has not changed ????

I had an old TR7 off road insured a few years back will try and dig out the details

I personally find the brokers Adrian Flux very good for this sort of thing. I have had Caterhams, a Tarmac Rally car, various modifications, etc and they seem to deal with most stuff. I don't know specifically about storage only.

if they try it on with every customer. i wodner how many dont spot it?

Insurance is so easy now with all the comparisson site too

Paul

Alot of people are too lazy/stupid to change and the renewal is always higher. :shrug:

Yup, you'll be amazed at the amount of mugs that fall for it. Disgraceful behaviour by insurers that do this, but I will admit every year I have been with Admiral they have tried it - although not to that extent. A quick requote as a new customer and a call to complain has always seen us better the new customer quote by about £50.