Running wide front wheels?

ric

Hi guys,

I've been looking for some new wheels for my 350, and have almost set my mind on the Rota GTRs (19"). However, I absolutely love the look of the 10" wide rim with the concave face, but not so much the slightly flater 9" wide rim.

Has anyone run 10" wide on the front? Any problems? Any pics at all?

I'm currently running standard suspension, so not sure if this will cause issues, although I'm tempted to not fit them until I get my hands on some good suspension and fit the lot all together.

Does anyone have any thoughts? (Or ideally, pictures of the above setup?)

I've seen threads on 9.5" wide fronts, and as i want a nice aggressive look to the wheels, I'll be picking a low offset, so I wouldn't have thought this coupled with only 0.5" extra width on the tyre's will make a huge amount of difference?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers for the link Stew, that certainly answers a few questions!

So is there anyone out there running them currently? How do you find they handle??

I'd definately stagger the tire widths, just want to keep them looking good (The difference (in looks) between the 10" wide Rota GTR and the 9" wide is huge!)

Cheers,

Some more pics, 10.5 all round:

http://my350z.com/forum/wheels-and-tire ... ad-42.html

http://my350z.com/forum/5084028-post13.html

10"

http://my350z.com/forum/5380342-post10.html

9.5"

http://my350z.com/forum/5087017-post27.html

IMHO the 10" of the gtr is only more concave at the rear and I'm not a fan of that at the front, but each to their own :thumbs:

Yeah, from what I've read if you go for 19" wheels then the ideal setup is 245/35 front and 275/35 rear or 265/30 front and 295/30 rear to maintain the rolling radius and keep the speedo accurate and the TRC happy. I don't see any problems if you can do that to get the double dish effect which looks quite good. :)

Pete

Cheers for all the replies guys, much appreciated.

So I'm getting the feeling that no-one sees too much problem with running 10" wide wheels up front, regardless of suspension setup? Its just a matter of making sure I stagger the tyre widths?

Husky, do you have any pics of yours at all?

Thanks in advance,

Hi mate, ive been running 265/30/19 front and 285/30/19 rears for 2 years now with eibach lowering springs with now problems at all, handles like a train !!!!! never lost traction in the dry B)

Hi mate. Absolutely perfect! So I guess you are running 10" wide all round? What offset are you running? You dont have any pictures do you? (In particular of how the tyres sit on the rims, and how the rims sit in the arches).

I suppose the only other question is how are you dropped, and by how much? Did you run 10" wide prior to lowering without problems?

(Appologies for all the questions, Just want to make sure I've covered all bases in my head :) )

Thanks in advance,

Yeah, from what I've read if you go for 19" wheels then the ideal setup is 245/35 front and 275/35 rear or 265/30 front and 295/30 rear to maintain the rolling radius and keep the speedo accurate and the TRC happy. I don't see any problems if you can do that to get the double dish effect which looks quite good. :)

Pete

I have been running 9.5 front and 10 rear with 255/35/19 front and 285/35/19 rear for a few years, no rubbing issues or traction issues.

Just another option. :)

Should be 35 profile on 19s generally.

The important thing is matching the profile. I have seen up to 265s on the front and 305s on the rear in the UK.

i want 305's next :dummy: cant wait to wear the tyres out but they are lasting for ages

Crumbs, 285's look fat on 10.5" imho, 305?!?!? You fat bugger :p:lol:

Hi mate, ive been running 265/30/19 front and 285/30/19 rears for 2 years now with eibach lowering springs with now problems at all, handles like a train !!!!! never lost traction in the dry B)

Clearly not trying hard enough :p:lol:

oh i try alright !!! :lol::lol:

Front wheels are 10.5" and rears are 11.5" :thumbs:

cant remember the offsets sorry

lowered 30mm all round, never had any scrubbing

not got any proper pics that show the rims off

but heres a few

cruise-050-1.jpg

104_4951-1.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6241.jpg