MOT Advisory - Juddering front brake

Stroudy

Evenin all.

Had the Zed's first MOT last week. Passed with flying colours but had an 'advisory' for a juddering front off-side brake.

Had never noticed a thing until this but (as always seems to be the way when your car goes near a garage - or is it just me?) since the test the front o/s brake does indeed vibrate a small amount through the steering wheel at speed and makes a whirling, rubbing sound, through the cabin at slower speeds.

Any one shed any light on this? Could it be something loose??

Its due its P3 at end of the month so will get them to look then but in the meantime if anyone else has had this please let me know.

Cheers,

Stroudy.

Nope not EBC, just standard discs and pads on Brembo.

She only gets used about once a week at this time of year though so prob just cack on the discs - although it was still there just as bad at the end of a 12 mile trip today..

Can this be a prob on EBC then as was thinking of upgrading at some point?

Oh and Cragus, did you repaint your callipers red or are they just like that (upgrades)? That would look great on my Black GT once ive got rid of the orange side reflectors on the front bumper B)

She only gets used about once a week at this time of year though so prob just cack on the discs - although it was still there just as bad at the end of a 12 mile trip today..

Then lost likely a build-up of rust on the surface, nothing to worry about. will go away after some more driving/braking

Oh and Cragus, did you repaint your callipers red or are they just like that (upgrades)? That would look great on my Black GT once ive got rid of the orange side reflectors on the front bumper B)

Paint mate - I didn't do it though -I ain't that good! :lol:

Do you have EBC discs by any chance?

-1 nowt wrong with EBC drilled/grooved. I ran a set to over 40k miles before they started to die thru old age :teeth:

theyre really not great on the track, the drilled discs crack very easily ive been hearing

Do you have EBC discs by any chance?

-1 nowt wrong with EBC drilled/grooved. I ran a set to over 40k miles before they started to die thru old age :teeth:

theyre really not great on the track, the drilled discs crack very easily ive been hearing

The problem is people use them on the track full stop. They are fast street discs, not track discs. The Zed is a heavy powerful car, it needs proper discs on track. I found EBC ok if you are not too heavy on the brakes on track, but any proper abuse and you will knacker them, Ultimax are even easier to warp.