touchscreen monitor options?

cb350

I'm toying around with setting up a carputer in my 350z.. I pulled the centre console out today to get an idea of how I'm going to fit the screen. I've also got a 7" Lilliput touchscreen that I can put in there.

Does anyone have any recommendations or tips on the best way to actually install a monitor? I've seen some pretty good installs on the web but no actual information showing how the monitor was installed.

Cheers,

Chris.

I have an '03.. on my car, it looks like the back of the cubby hole will separate to leave an open area for the monitor, but I couldn't quite work out how it was going to come apart today before it got dark out.

Not sure about the later ones, I think I've seen a carputer in a facelift vehicle somewhere online. Odd that I've found so many write-ups but none cover how the monitor is attached!

Chris.

been playing with the idea of a 7-10" tablet (archos) to make something stick into the cubby hole, these aren't the greatest performance wise but might be good enough to have streaming media from a PC hidden somewhere in the car instead of using a putty screen hardwired to a PC. They are pretty much the same cost as a putty screen too. (?)

I have an 05 JDM, I simply removed the cubby and the screen etc. I then fitted a 7 inch touchscreen

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5291wt_915

(removed from its casing) using double sided adhesive foam, this has held fine.

I have then routed any cables through the centre console to the rear cubby for an eventual dvd/freeview upgrade , the monitor has been linked to the AUX in on an Alpine CDE - 203RI. I have also installed IGO 8 via the SD card input and the audio outputs through the car speakers

Works great

I'm toying around with setting up a carputer in my 350z.. I pulled the centre console out today to get an idea of how I'm going to fit the screen. I've also got a 7" Lilliput touchscreen that I can put in there.

Does anyone have any recommendations or tips on the best way to actually install a monitor? I've seen some pretty good installs on the web but no actual information showing how the monitor was installed.

Cheers,

Chris.

Take the back off the cubby. Take the casing off the Lilliput and bodge the screen to the cubby. Thats what I did. Mixture of screws, zipties and some closed-cell foam. Does depend a lot on what the touchscreen is like when you take off the case, but the easiest way for an OEM looking install is to remove it from its casing and mount it to the cubby.

I have an 05 JDM, I simply removed the cubby and the screen etc. I then fitted a 7 inch touchscreen

I have then routed any cables through the centre console to the rear cubby for an eventual dvd/freeview upgrade , the monitor has been linked to the AUX in on an Alpine CDE - 203RI. I have also installed IGO 8 via the SD card input and the audio outputs through the car speakers

Works great

im looking at doing this have you any pics ?

Take the back off the cubby. Take the casing off the Lilliput and bodge the screen to the cubby. Thats what I did. Mixture of screws, zipties and some closed-cell foam. Does depend a lot on what the touchscreen is like when you take off the case, but the easiest way for an OEM looking install is to remove it from its casing and mount it to the cubby.

Sounds good. My JDM 350z seems to have the additional CD changer socket on the back of the stereo, so I've ordered one of those iPod/USB adapters with line-in as well. Hopefully if it works, then I'll have an easy way to wire the PC's audio into the stereo. I'll be taking the console out again once I've got that, so I'll get a chance to work out a few more things with the monitor :)

Works great

Can I ask what you have done with the power for the monitor? :)

Thanks