Calling painters & decorators>>>>>>>

Zugara

Ok, so my wife has had a stunning idea........NOT :bang:

Repaint all internal doors and skirting boards. Great job.....dont think so :bang:

Anyway my question is this,

What is the best way to prep old gloss paint in the least pain free way in order to repaint with Satinwood paint.

Did the sanding thing today and what a mess I had, dust everywhere. So I came across this stuff and was wondering if anyone has used it and if its any good.

http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/z/ZINBIN/

All help really appreciated. :thumbs:

good shout, id be interested in hearing advice from someone who knows about this sort of stuff as im going to have to do the same thing with my place. I bought some white gloss and had a painter just go over everything again... BAD IDEA ! looks great for like the first day now it all looks soooo yellow like you get in houses where everyone smokes a million fags a day.

Hope you get it sorted too, like you said i just cannot be arsed with all that sanding and dust :scare:

I'm a builder by trade and the only way to get a good finish on old gloss it as mentioned above sand the old paint work till smooth I always undercoat with white then top coat with in your case Satinwood which is a posh name for eggshell!