My R8 vs Winter Weather

Lexx

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.

Managed to lose control of the R8 today, span 180, side on into a curb.

Was accelerating out of a junction onto a Dual Carriageway. Back end twitched, caught it, twitched the other way and I just lost it. Speed was about 35-40mph.

photo1.jpg

Intially damage doesnt look bad, but up close not good.

2 broken alloys.

o/s wheel bent - quick look underneat shows its all pretty bent in there, including the shock.

She's off to Vauxhall tomorrow for the garage to make a repair quote. I would suspect the price of repair wont be worth it. Especially if there is any damage to the rear diff.

What a way to start xmas hols.

Piccy is wrong :shrug:

Well.

Managed to lose control of the R8 today, span 180, side on into a curb.

Was accelerating out of a junction onto a Dual Carriageway. Back end twitched, caught it, twitched the other way and I just lost it. Speed was about 35-40mph.

photo1.jpg

Intially damage doesnt look bad, but up close not good.

2 broken alloys.

o/s wheel bent - quick look underneat shows its all pretty bent in there, including the shock.

She's off to Vauxhall tomorrow for the garage to make a repair quote. I would suspect the price of repair wont be worth it. Especially if there is any damage to the rear diff.

What a way to start xmas hols.

Piccy is wrong :shrug:

:lol: epic fail... looks like the photo has been deleted.

wow a thread title change as well,

any one would think he was trying to sell the car on the forum or something :shrug:

I think this title is more appropriate to be honest. The car slid into a kerb, it was repaired. It wasn't written off, not even close.

any one would think you had a problem with the forum / mods or something :shrug:

wow a thread title change as well,

any one would think he was trying to sell the car on the forum or something :shrug:

I changed the to title to something more appropriate.

The original title was written a few hours after the accident. In my opinion it was no longer relative, and if it's something I could change regardless of my moderator status.

The accident is clearly mentioned in my ad, along with what was replaced.

No idea what your problem is Rich, but please stop making pointless comments just to stir things.