Owned the zed and a week and....

Matt L

It will be claiming its first repair shortly :lol:, mum noticed 2 chips on the window which i can only assume are from the either yesterday or today while driving about as i have never noticed them before so will be a call to auto glass once i get paid.

quite a pointless thread other than to see if anyone has used autoglass before for chip repairs?

other than that i love it and i can now see why everyone says it puts a smile on there everytime they drive it :D, just gutted she's filthy at the moment :( really does need a good clean but got to revise and not got the time now till after christmas so unless i take it to one of those hand car wash places its not going to get done :(.

Matt

Chips need to be in your line of sight for the insurance to pay. (or drop the fitter a fiver ;) )

The other one is.....and I have never done this, a spring loaded centre punch and a tap with the palm of your hand.That way you get a new screen cos of the crack. :shrug:

windscreen chips have no effect on your policy what so ever, windscreen and car insurance are 2 seperate policies on the car. and they prefer to pay for the repairs than for the new windscreen.

a repalcement windscreen through the insurer costs you about 70.00 but it costs them 3 times that to make up the difference. where as a chip repair costs them feck all.

autoglass are good for chips, national windscreen i have used were crap, but national did a good job on the replacement screen apart form badly refitting the rear view.

With only being with them a week i dont fancy it dont know why just dont :lol: i know its what they are there for but still just dont see the point in claiming for something so little a week into it :lol:. Just me being weird .

edit - if thats the case then they are both passenger side so no where near my line of sight :lol:.

With only being with them a week i dont fancy it dont know why just dont :lol: i know its what they are there for but still just dont see the point in claiming for something so little a week into it :lol:. Just me being weird .

edit - if thats the case then they are both passenger side so no where near my line of sight :lol:.

They were more than happy to take your cash a week ago. ;)

well now looks like im going through admiral :lol: rang autoglass and as they arent admirals prefered choice she put me through the admirals window claims bit and aslong as it a repair its free but if its replace i have to pay the excess.

now to read my documents to make sure it doesnt affect the ncb as on the other forum im on someone said they lost the current years ncb but kept all his previous ones.

autoglass damaged my bonnet when replacing the screen, must have levered off it to get the glass out...

you never know when a chip will turn into a crack, I got a small chip on the way to work one day, by the time I came out of work it was a big crack, best just to sort it :thumbs:

bloody hell mat 2 chips in a week thats bloody harsh

but defo go through your insurance thats what they there for.

glad your enjoying the car.

have you got use to the power yet.

dan

Yeah its going through insurance now :) national windscreen are coming some time this afternoon :).

not really got used to it yet think last night was the first time i had properly given it some welly and it did scare me :lol: but at the same time i had a smile like the cheshire cat :lol:

had the back end slide out twice yesterday when doing less than 20mph :lol: black ice isnt nice.

Matt

bloody hell mat 2 chips in a week thats bloody harsh

but defo go through your insurance thats what they there for.

glad your enjoying the car.

have you got use to the power yet.

dan

Yeah its going through insurance now :) national windscreen are coming some time this afternoon :).

not really got used to it yet think last night was the first time i had properly given it some welly and it did scare me :lol: but at the same time i had a smile like the cheshire cat :lol:

had the back end slide out twice yesterday when doing less than 20mph :lol: black ice isnt nice.

Matt

but gives you buzz when it happens though.

dan

I had to replace my windscreen last year when I got a chip because of the way the stone chipped it.

Autoglass did a good job for me. Like many things, alot of it is down to who send out to be honest. :thumbs:

Good luck!

oh so true

the national windscreen bloke who fixed the zed window did a crap job, it actually fell out.