Bumper Respray Cost?? Also any recommendations?

paza3

Hi Guys + Gals

Only just got my Zed but the front bumper has been bugging me! stone chips etc so I have decided to get the bumper resprayed. I have had a few quote in? ... wings/bonnet is fine so only looking at the bumper only

Quotes so far

150 + Vat Lowest unknown garage eg Rep?

310 + Vat Recommended Garage

800!! ??? conversation stop very quickly after that..

The guy who quote me 310 + vat seem pretty good an knows his stuff quote broke down to 110 parts 200 Labour, but being a bargin hunter and direct instructions from senior managament (wife) I would like to save some cash and the 150 option does seem attractive.

My questions are really, how much should a good job cost to respray bumper (Sunset Orange) no damage? , and are there any recommendation of good bodyshops in the Wiltshire/Glos/ along the M4 areas.

Thanks for taking the time to read :thumbs:

Patrick

i think all of us who have given a price have a reccomended paint shop, but none of them are near you.

one thing i have found is that if you go and ask some local garages they'll tell you who they use; it may well be the local accident repair shop, but it doesn't mean they won't do a god job.

my advice would be go to your local BMW garage and ask them who they're bodyshop is. they are queit strict on who and what they use.

Ok guys given me some ideas shame no one has any recommendations locally... mmm smoothed thats an Idea Ian did you get just the badge area done or more?

Try M and M Bodyshop, Chipping Sodbury. PM me if you would like further details :thumbs:

Ok guys given me some ideas shame no one has any recommendations locally... mmm smoothed thats an Idea Ian did you get just the badge area done or more?

Just the badge.

I could give you the details of mine if you wanted to bring it over to Cardiff :)

choptop Pm'ed mate :teeth:

Ian Cradiff is only an hour away so maybe interested if they can match the price , also do you have a pic of yours smoothed would be interested in the appearance a had a Mr2 once which was smoothed and number plate moved looked really good.

rtbiscuit Thanks for the advice I think contacting a bmw workshop is a blinding idea! :thumbs: , only reason why I am so vague about where to go is I only moved to Wiltshire area 3 months ago from Cornwall so do not really know where to start! all my old contacts I have built up over time are know 3+ Hours away :bang: so starting again

make sure they fill it properly with glass or carbon fibre and then finish with filler etc. some cheap body shops will just filler it, looks great and fine for about 6 months to a year or until the bumper takes a nudge, and then it cracks out the shape.

make sure they fill it properly with glass or carbon fibre and then finish with filler etc. some cheap body shops will just filler it, looks great and fine for about 6 months to a year or until the bumper takes a nudge, and then it cracks out the shape.

+1

They filled mine with carbon fibre.

You can quote me, whether they remember me after 3 years is another matter :lol:

+1

They filled mine with carbon fibre.

You can quote me, whether they remember me after 3 years is another matter :lol:

its important to make sure that good price also = good work. ian is very lucky to have a good bodyshop who is also very affordable.

i have a good garage too, but the price difference is noticable. but i wouldn't go anywhere else near me as they are 1 of the best in the county.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Im from round swindon way too, did you get the bumper done? I had my whole car sprayed by JP Body repairs in swindon last year after they did a nice job on an m3 evo I had few years ago. End result was dissapointing with slight orange peel all over and front bumper paint now cracked. Went back to get fixed but he wants to charge full amount as he says the primer already on the car was not correct (would have thought he should have fixed this before spraying).

Long story short now looking at getting bumper re-done and don't really want to pay them to do it. Def would not recommend them as you just dont know how their work will turn out they even charged me for materials when I asked them to do the roof again as finish was unacceptable first time.

Would appreciate it if you could let me know how you got on so can get mine done. Also I work in Plymouth if you still have any contacts in devon/cornwall that might be better.

Believe BMW swindon use Dick Lovatt spraymaster VERY expensive.