Thinking of a second car...

djrm

I mentioned golf was thinking the mk3 but u can get a mk4 for well under a grand. Or how about a 1.6 a3 sport?

You think I would be able to find an A3 for under a grand??? If so that could be a good shout... Autotrader here I come... :)

Old shape yes lol some are high miles but some decent examples on autotrader

Cheers Beavis, will bear that in mind. I think they are a pretty cool shed tbh. Been looking for a while and they seem to go for around £500-£1000.

Dont get me wrong they are a great little runabout i owned one for 4 years but every mot was a nightmare to get through :)

ohh, I don't want a money pit. I just want to spend £5-600 on a reasonable shed that won't do more than 5k miles a year. If it last two years then it's all good.

Did you have to spend much every year Dave ?

Im looking at getting a late 90's punto sporting B)

54225.JPG

Mmmm that's the character I was thinking about.... B)

make sure the power steering is OK on these they eat electric power steering motors (it's the city button that does it) you have to replace the whole steering column :wacko: the breakers know that so they cost an arm 'n' leg.

106 1.5d tud5 will do airship miles normally and spaceship miles if taken care of.

They are slow but I made a cheap induction kit off ebay and it knocked 2 seconds off the 0-60 time.

Also with no turbo you dont need to worry about an expensive bill.

they liked to be revved hard unlike normal diesels so they are quite fun to drive.

Handling is awesome and I got through winter easily with some rainsport 2's on(summer tyres) light car heavy engine on front.

rear seat space is big as it the boot because of no suspension turrets, its got the torsion bar.

Simple to work on, 1 of my injectors was leaking and it still ran fine.

If you have a bosch pump you can run 100% veggie oil perfectly fine, as it loves the veg oil and it has a heated fuel filter.

Gets 60mpg even when ripping it and 70mpg at 40mph on the dual carrige way. 600-800miles on a £40 tank is normal.

Can be tuned it you wanted, NOS is easy and turning up the fuel on the pump. :thumbs:

106 1.5d tud5 will do airship miles normally and spaceship miles if taken care of.

They are slow but I made a cheap induction kit off ebay and it knocked 2 seconds off the 0-60 time.

Also with no turbo you dont need to worry about an expensive bill.

they liked to be revved hard unlike normal diesels so they are quite fun to drive.

Handling is awesome and I got through winter easily with some rainsport 2's on(summer tyres) light car heavy engine on front.

rear seat space is big as it the boot because of no suspension turrets, its got the torsion bar.

Simple to work on, 1 of my injectors was leaking and it still ran fine.

If you have a bosch pump you can run 100% veggie oil perfectly fine, as it loves the veg oil and it has a heated fuel filter.

Gets 60mpg even when ripping it and 70mpg at 40mph on the dual carrige way. 600-800miles on a £40 tank is normal.

Can be tuned it you wanted, NOS is easy and turning up the fuel on the pump. :thumbs:

Thanks for all the info buddy!

I was walking to work this morning and there is a nice little silver Y reg 106 for sale about 3 mins walk from my house! :lol:

This could be a sign... lol... I might go and have a look, it's got £795 on it but I am sure I could get it for much closer to £600...

I will keep you all updated :)

I had also thought about a Focus as I used to own one, think they are great cars and nice and big. Thing is I would want a 1.4 and they are few and far between for less than a grand... I shall keep looking though! :)

Ryan B)

Found this one... Looks quite good really...

media?id=1519215135

74,000 miles, Pugeot 106,1. 1,Petrol,3 Door Hatchback, Red, Manual,LOW, MILES CURENTLLY 74K,VERY CHEAP INSURANCE AND RUNNING COST,IDEAL FIRST CAR! GOOD RUNNER,SONY STEREO AND GOOD SPEAKERS,ALLOY WHEELS,NEW MICHELIN TYRES ALL ROUND. INTERIOR CLEAN AND TIDY WELL LOOKED AFTER AND MAINTAINED.SOME PREVIUS RECIPTS,2 SETS KEYS,LOOKING 750 £. £750 Inc VAT.

I'm sure I could get it for less than that price...

74,000 miles, Pugeot 106,1. 1,Petrol,3 Door Hatchback, Red, Manual,LOW, MILES CURENTLLY 74K,VERY CHEAP INSURANCE AND RUNNING COST,IDEAL FIRST CAR! GOOD RUNNER,SONY STEREO AND GOOD SPEAKERS,ALLOY WHEELS,NEW MICHELIN TYRES ALL ROUND. INTERIOR CLEAN AND TIDY WELL LOOKED AFTER AND MAINTAINED.SOME PREVIUS RECIPTS,2 SETS KEYS,LOOKING 750 £. £750 Inc VAT.

I know we're working with a limited budget here but that smells a little of a poor little 1.1 thats been terrorised by a 17 year old ("ideal first car") who's now 19 and is probably moving on....looks B) but I'd have a dig around as to what the current owner is all about.

I know we're working with a limited budget here but that smells a little of a poor little 1.1 thats been terrorised by a 17 year old ("ideal first car") who's now 19 and is probably moving on....looks B) but I'd have a dig around as to what the current owner is all about.

Yeah I had thought that already, I will give them a visit and talk to the current owner + check the engine out etc if I decide to view it :)

I personally would be weary of the 1.1 as they aren't known for doing big miles. They are a few seconds faster to 60 but they only get about 40 odd mpg. Motorway driving also kills them with high revs. My mate had 2 of them both scrapped hence why my reluctance to recommend them but this one might be different and it's your choice :thumbs:

My other half had a 106 1.4d Graduate for her first car, I hated it and loved it all at the same time. Totally gutless, lots of 'character' - it was comedy throwing it from one lane to the other, the suspension rolled so much. But once you were over 20mph (took about 5 minutes) it was quite good fun. I'd forgotten what it was like having to take a run up to overtake!

60+mpg impressed the most. The most annoying thing was mixing with the lowest common denominator of road users because you didn't have enough power to get rid of them. That said I can't see how you could get cheaper motoring.

On the other hand you could avoid selling your soul and buy a SAAB 900 Turbo off the 'Bay for 500 notes like I did :D

Happy shedding :thumbs: