Sat Nav fitted in cubby - Cheap mod!

stuRS

Hi guys,

Just thought I'd share this with you as I'm sure most people own a satnav and don't like the cubby box! I've been meaning to do this for a while, but finally got round to it this afternoon, as the other half has an addiction to DJ Hero 2...

Right, rather than going for a full Nurrish install (which is very nice btw) I thought I'd make the most of what I already had. I found a 'how to' guide on removing centre console on the forum and had the console on my work bench in about 10mins.

I removed the cubby from the dash console and sratched my head trying to work out a suitable way of mounting the satnav. In the end I found a totally smooth disc in the garage about 3 inches round, and super glued it to the back of the cubby (advanced - I know).

I then routed the cable through the dash so it's all tucked away and put it back together.

Anyway - an hour later and bobs your uncle

332uhb6.jpg

bhx1l1.jpg

2bbedc.jpg

It's an import, so may explain the time on the Bose? The power is coming from the rear fag lighter. My UK Z had 2 cigarette lighter power sorces, but the JDM only has the one. I once wired in an extra cigarette lighter to an Audi TT when I was working for Halfords, so that may be an option in the future.

Need to get rid of the Bose it's doing my head in!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...