Tesco Club Card vouchers... Supercar Experience

marzman

Well my day of free stuff continues...

I've got about 18months worth of clubcard vouchers i havent redeemed yet, and tesco are reducing their reward rates on 6th Dec, so i decided to redeem some of them tonight...

So i've just spent £42.50 in clubcard vouchers, which pays for me to go on a supercar experience day and drive 2 cars of my choice for 4 laps each, and this is worth £170!

So i have to ring to book the track day when i receive the vouchers, but im going to request the GTR and the Lambo for my choice of cars... :cloud9:

Not bad for free... again!

i have over 100 quid in vouchers but they are buried somewhere from moving house, i am beyond gutted :cry:

That doesnt matter mate... register online, and they have your voucher codes on the site... u just copy and paste the codes when redeeming them. :thumbs:

Are you doing it at Everyman? If so I did it a couple of months ago in the GTR & the Lambo and the instructors weren't too bad at asking you to change up early, was awesome, should put pics up really!

I am, yes. :thumbs:

• 8 months later...

Well today after 8 months i finally got round to going on my driving experience...

I went to Prestwold Driving Center in Loughborough which is an airfield circuit.

It was absolutely packed there with maybe 200 people either watching or waiting to drive...!

I drove the GTR first... and i felt totally at home in it! The driving position was very similar to the zed, and was very comfortable. It felt quite small inside for such a big car. It was a tiptronic auto which was just amazing... very very quick gear changes. The power delivery was smooth all the way from 1.5k revs and it just kept coming... but i was expecting it to be more brutal, but it just seemed quite refined :shrug:

Anyway the instructor was impressed with what i did - he said i was definitely the quickest of the day, and i got up to 130mph :D

Next up i drove the Lambo... now i was really looking forward to this as the Gallardo is one of my all time favourite cars... It was a tiptronic model like the GTR, but straight away from sitting in it i felt uncomfortable. The driving position was horrible but worse was that the pedals were towards the left of your driving position, it didnt have a clutch, but imagine the brake pedal being where the clutch goes, and the accelerator where the brake goes. It was awful. Then when driving it, it was equally as bad... it had no power until 3.5k revs, at which point it picked up and felt fairly quick, but the gear change was shocking!! :surrender: Pressing on the paddle's to change gears, there was a 1-second delay during which the car would lurch violently slowing you down (it felt like the brakes were being pressed!). Lastly the brakes... i must have been pressing the brake pedal in by 8 inches before the brakes started to be applied, making it very difficult to modulate them.

So in summary - it was definitely a worthwhile use of my Tesco vouchers, and i finally got to drive a GTR which was mint, but at the end of the day when getting back in my zed it didnt feel that much less of a car. B)

IMG_7205.jpg

IMG_7207.jpg

IMG_7208.jpg

IMG_7209.jpg

IMG_7210.jpg

IMG_7211.jpg

IMG_7212.jpg

IMG_7213.jpg

IMG_7214.jpg

IMG_7215.jpg

IMG_7216.jpg

When i went on one of these, the cars all felt slower than they should have been.

The instructor admitted in the end that the cars were remapped to be a lot slower (safer) than normal.

I went in an EvoX and it was running hardly any boost! :rant:

You know what - i nearly asked the instructor if there was some ridiculous mapping on the lambo - it's like the 1st 3 gears only had 25% power... :thumbdown:

When i went on one of these, the cars all felt slower than they should have been.

The instructor admitted in the end that the cars were remapped to be a lot slower (safer) than normal.

I went in an EvoX and it was running hardly any boost! :rant:

You know what - i nearly asked the instructor if there was some ridiculous mapping on the lambo - it's like the 1st 3 gears only had 25% power... :thumbdown:

I reckon it's Rife! They're all on super fuel efficient maps to cut costs :thumbdown: