trackday tyre?

1973safc

Toyo 888 and Yoko AO48 are the market leaders, however don't knock it till you try it ;)

Have a look at this, although 5 years old the 888 and AO40 are still dominant.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/au ... review.htm

have you tried the federals yet alex?

just looking at it the hankooks are more expensive than the toyo t1r's

Toyo 888 and Yoko AO48 are the market leaders, however don't knock it till you try it ;)

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/au ... review.htm

have you tried the federals yet alex?

just looking at it the hankooks are more expensive than the toyo t1r's

Not yet Neil :lol:

I have two full sets round the back but never got a chance to get them on as it was predominantly slick weather this year. :drive1

And when it rained it rained, which meant T1Rs :thumbs:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/au ... review.htm[/quote

agreed the legend that is the R888 is still the market leader, but is alot more pricey, i like to find things,mods on the cheap. that work nearly as well but alot cheaper.

Just wondered if anyone had used them :thumbs:

Alex

You obviously know your way around Knockhill :thumbs: ................ do you ever venture further south ? :drive1

Yes mate, down south quite a bit, but not so much this season just past. Also try to fit in Spa and Nurburgring Nordschleife as often as possible. :thumbs:

Fancy hooking up in 2011 for :drive1

The ferderal I feel is a better tyre than the 888 , works very good in both the wet and dry as the tread design is far better for water movememt and they dont fall apart in the dry.

We run a pretty trick 32 GTR track car for a customer 550+ bhp Holinger gearbox Stoptech brakes AST suspension the car is as quick on Federals as it is on 888 Toyo and they are nearly half the price of the 888. When Federal bring out there proper trackday tyre like the 888 I feel it will be awesome infact I feel the Toyo 888 will be out dated then.

The Hannok looks good, tread design , load rating and wear numbers look good.Price is very good as well.

The T1R I feel isnt a good wet weather track tyre Alex , try a set of Federals you be a happy happy boy , the T1R has a road design base that doesnt warm quick enough to make a good wet tyre.

If you want a real good wet tyre run a motorsport wet , as Mr Biscuit what a wet weather race tyre like , you have to re program your brain, corner speed and braking performance will blow you away.

Any more questions re tyre and set up ask away, I have been around Motorsport for over 15 years , worked at Le mans for 7 years , spent a lot of time with suspension set up while in the Motorsport world.

cool, i run 19's on the road and they'll be on the the rays for track so im not too worried about a road tyre, just something to drive there on until i can afford a trailer. What federal is it thats getting used as the sizes are all weird compared to standard. Is it the 255/35 size? Theres also various federal track tyres.

cheers for the info :thumbs:

I ran the Hankook RS2's on my e36 M3.

They are a good tyre, they grip better than t1r's and falken 452's on dry tracks but are more loose on a wet road. I reckon they are a good intermediate step between a road tyre and a semi slick like an R888.

I did an 8.31min at the Nurburgring on them. :thumbs: