Speed Camera: Got Flashed

Sarnie

I'm baffled. I was cruising down the Hagley Road on my way home tonight. There was a speed camera on the opposite side of the road facing the way I was coming from. There were no lines on my side of the road so I cruised through at about 45 mph and it flashed :scare: There were no cars going the other way! Whats the situation with this? Can I be done even though there were no lines on my side of the road? Ming where are ya??? :thumbs:

Ah the cameras on hagley road eh , which one did you get done by the 30 limit ones near town or the 40 ones furthur out.

my friend was done on hagley road at 34mph oustside tgi fridays

same exact thing happened to me 3 weeks ago in bromsgrove i was doing over 60 and the camera (40 limit) on the otherside flashed, i have recieved nothing so far.

also the 30mph second set heading out of town flashes randomly

Same thing happened to me a few years ago, heard nothing, hopefully it will be the same for you.

One flash or two?

Gatso's measure your speed using doppler shift of a radar signal transmitted from the unit, doppler shift *magnitude* is the same whether you are traveling towards or away from it (although the frequency shift is up if approaching and down if retreating) but it is quite possible to trigger the camera when traveling in either direction.

Gatso's with film in take two photos precisely timestamped, the lines in the road allow your speed to be calculated by measuring the distance travelled in the time between the two photos should someone contest the calibration of the camera measured speed in court.

Ah the cameras on hagley road eh , which one did you get done by the 30 limit ones near town or the 40 ones furthur out.

my friend was done on hagley road at 34mph oustside tgi fridays

same exact thing happened to me 3 weeks ago in bromsgrove i was doing over 60 and the camera (40 limit) on the otherside flashed, i have recieved nothing so far.

also the 30mph second set heading out of town flashes randomly

It was in the second set further out in the 40 mph zone. I always just assumed that because the camera was facing the other way and the lines were on one side only that it was only monitoring the one side of the road? :blush:

Is it me or you on drugs???

Thought your Mrs was a copper,,, can't she answer the question??? :dry:

She is but not a traffic cop :dry:

Nor is Ming :blush:

But he has about 50 yrs experience and my mrs about 3 :blush:

She's a woman surely she can pull a few strings ;)

Carries no weight :thumbdown:

Sarnie, no worries mate, I've been flashed loads of times by cameras on the other side of the road and I've never received anything. Still doesn't stop you shitting yourself when it happens though!! :scare: In this crazy country maybe someone somewhere has been done when travelling in the opposite direction, but I've had at least 5 incidents of it that I can remember and I've never been done for it. :thumbs:

I was told that the cameras with no film were set to flash in both directions. They would not be able to fine you in anycase as they use the grid on the road and position of the car to make sure they know who they are charging with speeding.

There's a camera near us which always goes off when you pass on the opposite side of the road. I've been flashed on loads of occasions and noticed people always slow right down whereas I don't usually bother.

The ones I really hate are the Truvello's which take a picture of you approaching. Not time to slow down which usually means archoring on and nearly casuing a pile up....:lol:

I seriously hope you don't get a ticket mate I really do, but I'm baffled - I thought you didn't speed????? :p

I said I never did over 70 :p

Speeding is speeding lad, doesn't matter whether its on the motorway or not surely? :p

Yes it does. In the context of the previous thread Space Cadet was saying that he did 160 mph on the toll road. I merely said that it was idiotic and that I don't and would not do those kind of speeds. ;)

Sarnie,

Don't worry, you cannot be done by Gatsos on the other side of the road facing you.

The only ones that can do you from the front are Truvelos, but I think they are always on your side of the road ( or perhaps on central reservation of dual carriageway, but never on the far side of the road )

Gus

ps It can actually be fun if you time it right to deliberately set one off when someone else is passing going the other way :p:p

Sarnie,

Don't worry, you cannot be done by Gatsos on the other side of the road facing you.

The only ones that can do you from the front are Truvelos, but I think they are always on your side of the road ( or perhaps on central reservation of dual carriageway, but never on the far side of the road )

Gus

ps It can actually be fun if you time it right to deliberately set one off when someone else is passing going the other way :p:p

To be honest thats exactly what I thought :thumbs: