Where not to go

martinmac

Back to work tomorrow and just trying to find a safe route. I normally use the A66 to Scotch corner then down the A1 and A14 and overnight at the Fourwentways Travelodge.

I hate the M62 but am guessing I may have to rethink my route for tomorrow.

i will be leaving about noon so all comments before then are appreciated. :)

Oh dear Martin! On Sat/Sun I went down to Oxford M1, M69, M40 roads clear both days and I used the BBC weather forecast.

I've just checked this in a box Mansfield /Leicester (M1), Newark/Grantham (A1) forecast is heavy snow all day Tuesday. They forecast light snow in the same area Friday night and we got 4" so I think you'll struggle if you come this way.

(Got a spare bed if you get stuck in this area!)

I heard on the radio yesterday that there are problems on the A66 (I guess at Alston)

We got an inch of snow overnight in Daventry - had been clear until then - so M1 should not be too bad in our region. I'd suggest you try checking on M6 - M6Toll - M1 - M25 route :thumbs:

Local radio this morning. Both M1 and A1 are running fairly well through Notts. Numerous minor accidents on A1 in north of county but passable with care. Hazardous driving conditions on A1 north of Docaster through yorkshire. HTH.

Just for your info the above is from phone-ins from motorists as the notts police have refused to give out traffic information this morning due to data protection issues. Another Executive Decision?

Ive been keeping an eye on things Mart, and giving myself and Budgie an extra 2 hours for the drive down.

I drove to Manchester on Sat (not in my car) and once outta the NE, it was fine. So I'll be my usual A1/A14/M11/M25

We're calling in at Stanford-le-hope tackle center if we get time. I picked up a wee 7ft boat rod today and some other bits. Just need to get some bait in Stanford. Fresh fish this week! Well, maybe!

See you tomorrow boss.....maybe!