How about this?

yankeesiter

oooo if you go to Italy, make sure you plan in the San Gotthard pass in Switzerland and head down from there. Some Amazing driving roads down the East side of Italy. We took a VX220 VXR and followed the mille miglia, an amazing tour though not too comfy in a VX220!!

It is a beautiful area - the coastline is just stunning.

But if you are driving bear in mind the roads are very, very tight in places and the Italian bus drivers in particular, and who are truly amazing at getting through gaps you would not think possible, take no prisoners should you misjudge something. So, in a right hand drive car be prepared for the odd dent or scrape ;)

It is a beautiful area - the coastline is just stunning.

But if you are driving bear in mind the roads are very, very tight in places and the Italian bus drivers in particular, and who are truly amazing at getting through gaps you would not think possible, take no prisoners should you misjudge something. So, in a right hand drive car be prepared for the odd dent or scrape ;)

Yeah, that's what worries me. There is the possibility of hiring an apartment I know of on the other side of Italy. The owner has driven there many times and has a Saab estate. Might be a little less risky.

:unsure:

I've been down that road and there is now way I would take a zed there. Some parts are extremely narrow and we all now how Italians drive. Its so tight in some parts that the buses and lorries have to do the bends by reversing back and forth to squeeze round.