Respray Prices

jay3032

Yes - sounds about right. WHay are you getting the front and rear bumber sprayed as well? Do they need it or is it just to get a colour match?

The back bumper has some scratches down to white (not big but a fair few) and the front has lots of stone chips

They have a good reputation and I have insisted on the panels coming off before respray and that the colour has to be a very good match.

Insisting that the panels be removed for painting will create colour matching issues as you really can not paint just one panel off the car and refit it and expect it to match.

The best way is to paint the panel on the car and flash and blend into the adjoining panels.

As regards the front bumper they will have to blend into both the front wings and hopefully not into the front of bonnet.

The rear bumper will require blending into both rear wings and perhaps into the lower part of the boot lid.

The skirt will produce very little issues due to its location so no drama there.

Alex. :)

Not been said so far, the colour will look a shade or two out on the plastic bits, I have an azure and the petrol cap cover looks way out but thats how it came from the factory. The reflection from plastics are totally different from the metal sections, if you know what I mean???

Now thats not what I think its what the body shop techs will tell you.

:wave:

Not been said so far, the colour will look a shade or two out on the plastic bits, I have an azure and the petrol cap cover looks way out but thats how it came from the factory. The reflection from plastics are totally different from the metal sections, if you know what I mean???

I used to have a jumper like that. :lol::lol::lol:

That's why they need blended :thumbs:

I had my rear bumper done last year by very reputable bodyshop - they removed it and didn't blend - still not completely happy with the match- they blamed 'plastics'.

Had front bumper done this year by another bodyshop - they blended onto wings and (I found out tonight :lol: ) spent a long time colour matching -simply mixing B17 did not work - it is now as near as dammit perfect match :)