The Underside!!

chrisjones6699

I know that there's the plastic cover under the engine bay but I'm thinking the whole of the underside with tough plastic panels, just like the GT-R.

There's nothing I would like more than to replace all the rusty parts underneath and then panel the underside to keep it nice and rust free!

Hmmmm maybe a market opening up here for someone!! :teeth:

I know that there's the plastic cover under the engine bay but I'm thinking the whole of the underside with tough plastic panels, just like the GT-R.

There's nothing I would like more than to replace all the rusty parts underneath and then panel the underside to keep it nice and rust free!

Hmmmm maybe a market opening up here for someone!! :teeth:

You could just clean it all up and then get one of those protection sprays on the whole of the underneath, a LOT less hassle and expense...

Good point Davey boy but I'm sure there are negatives to the spray thing?? And even after trying to clean it up, it would still be a bit minging! How good would you feel knowing that under the plastic panels, there would be shiny, clean, new parts there! :cloud9: Like sexy underwear under a woman's clothes! :lol::lol:

Don't know what you mean :blush:

I know what you are getting at but I am of the opinion that if I can't see it, it MUST be clean and therefore not require any work :lol:

It is hard enough keeping the outside and inside looking nice let alone the underside :headhurt:

Good point Davey boy but I'm sure there are negatives to the spray thing?? And even after trying to clean it up, it would still be a bit minging! How good would you feel knowing that under the plastic panels, there would be shiny, clean, new parts there! :cloud9: Like sexy underwear under a woman's clothes! :lol::lol:

Don't know what you mean :blush:

I know what you are getting at but I am of the opinion that if I can't see it, it MUST be clean and therefore not require any work :lol:

It is hard enough keeping the outside and inside looking nice let alone the underside :headhurt:

:lol: I wish I had that opinion but the underside of my Zed is like.......well lets put it this way, you know the metal splinters you get sometimes? You kind of know its there but when you see it, all hell brakes out and you're not happy until its gone! Is that a good analogy?

• 1 month later...

If you add flat undertrays to a car that wasn't designed for them, you end up creating rear-end lift as the air flow moves faster underneath the car than above it. To counter this you'd either have to add a load of weight to the boot or use a wing/diffuser to create equal amounts of downforce. I don't just mean bolting a BUW to the back end, but using either a wind tunnel or a shed load of track time to tune it out.

Doable, but worth the effort?