Brembo calipers pads and brakes

Gibster

Hi all a few questions for you.

I hoping some of you can help me?

Ive got the Brembo brake calipers on my car and ive just bought Dba 5000 discs what is the best all round brake pad to buy?

I read alot of you like the Hawk hps but im finding it very hard to source them as the surpliers ive found seems to stock them.

Has anyone used the Cosworth pads ive seen Sumo power selling on Ebay?

Also what is a good rear disc to use as i dont really want to brake the bank buying the Dba 3000 as much as i would want to but funds are limited as ive got to buy pads all round too.

Thanks Dan

Never even heard of Hawk :shrug:

+1 on the ferrodos

I think they're ok for cheap, low dusting pads, but iirc they're not exactly known for performance. Think they're made by the same company that makes mintex?

Either way, I wouldn't want them on mine just for the sake of a tiny bit less brake dust. Oh and rear disc isn't going to matter so much as the front, so I'd have thought the dba 3000 would be fine? That or the dixcel pd/sd rears?

Cheers for the info everyone :)

I did a google search for best pads for the 350z the Hawk pads came up in alot of threads.

How much would Ds2500 set me back for a complete set all round?

Has :pmzmanalex: got an website for prices ?

Thanks Dan

He has his own sub-section and does the Ferodo Pads :thumbs:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=27438

I did a google search for best pads for the 350z the Hawk pads came up in alot of threads.

Thanks Dan

Too slow :p;):lol:

Thanks Dan

Too slow :p;):lol:

Tell me about it :wheelchair:

EBC yellows you know it makes sense lol ignore what you have heard in the past from peoples reactions to EBC pads it is all change now just look on sites like scoobynet ect......all the new material are being raved about

"Yellowstuff fast street and trackday - code AF93/94 on box end (base code DM 1793) Street legal to ECE R 90 regulations. Just starting to come through Surface Scorched now which means these bed in FAST.(EBC toast the surface in a special infra red tunnel to take away the bed in fade and loss of track time bedding in new pads for you) "

You wont regret it or money back!!

From my experience, you just can't beat Ferodo DS 2500 pads for Fast Road or Light track use or Performance Friction 01 compound if you are looking for a bit extra :drive1

I am sorry but I can not get enthusiastic about any EBC stuff and the Hawk stuff that comes with the Stoptech BBKs that I bring in from USA goes straight into the bin.

Just remember there is no such thing as a free lunch and you only get what you pay for. :thumbs:

Alex. :)

If you want some more mate look at the NEW BLUES mate from EBC you wont regret it ;)

I doubt very much if you would have a suitable application to fit my calipers on the Zed.

However, if you do, then I would be delighted to trial them for you and if they work on track for me, then I would most certainly endorse your product on this forum.

Can't be any fairer than that :thumbs:

Alex. :)