70,000 miles and no new clutch?

christianmg

Hey guys just checking, something...

when does the clutch usually go on the 350? Ive been hearing a lot about the clutch needing changed at 60,000 miles.

Im looking at one and its done just under 70,000 but never had the clutch replaced. Should I be worried?? :headhurt:

How much does a new clutch cost just so I can weigh up my options??

Depends what sort of driving has been done on it. Lots of motorway driving or a mechanically sympathetic owner and you should be fine, otherwise you might want to budget for a new one.

My Z has over 91k on it and still running the same clutch with no problems.

The clutches on Zeds have been known to go twice with that kinda mileage ...

My Zed has had a new clutch at 28k Miles according to the service history :scare:

I wouldn't worry though unless you feel the clutch slipping while driving ... I think I read somewhere that if you can pick up from a stand still in 4th gear your clutch still has some life left in it ...

Anyway there are lots of options available if you do need it replacing ... They are usually around the £300 mark, and it's probably a good idea to also check your flywheel at the same time ...

:thumbs:

Depends what sort of driving has been done on it. Lots of motorway driving or a mechanically sympathetic owner and you should be fine, otherwise you might want to budget for a new one.

My Z has over 91k on it and still running the same clutch with no problems.

+1 mine did 76k on the original clutch and still had life in it when we removed it. With a mechanically sympathetic driver they can go a long way :thumbs:

I would say do the hand brake test but the hand brakes on our Zeds aren't too sharp.

You aren't kidding there. Mine is one click between working and rolling so have to pull it hard and leave it parked in gear just in case. Mentioned it at the service and L&G and he said 'and?'. They had a go at it but it was same situation, just one click lower lol...

66K on my clutch and round town and rolling tests are fine. Trying to light the back end up results in not a lot and a dreadful smell so need to start saving up very soon.

I would say do the hand brake test but the hand brakes on our Zeds aren't too sharp.

You aren't kidding there. Mine is one click between working and rolling so have to pull it hard and leave it parked in gear just in case. Mentioned it at the service and L&G and he said 'and?'. They had a go at it but it was same situation, just one click lower lol...

Sorry but thats shocking! The handbrake can be a PITA to adjust and get right, but if done at every service, its easy enough for them to do. WLMG Slough always managed to keep mine in good working order. Before I took it to them it was always pants, it just took a good mechanic a bit of time to get it adjusted properly. Saying "and" when asking why it isnt very good is plain shocking, especially from such a supposidly good garage.

When mine went it was easy to spot when doing about 30 in 4th and then accelerating. Just give it a go. There are plenty of potions on here if you need them and at a lot less than the Nissan option. :)

Love potions?

Polyjuice potions?

Please tell me more Professor Snape...

On topic my handbrake is pants I get it adjusted and it is great then it starts to slip back... I always leave the car in gear, not a worry as you can't start it up in gear can you