Head unit assistance please!! (It's ending soon!)

Millzzz

Is it much work? Is it possible for me to fit it? Or would I need someone like halfrauds to sort it? I don't ahve Steering wheel controls fortunately.

Cheers.

please dont let halfrauds near your car :cry:

:lol:

Roger dodge. *ahem* ok, An auto electrician of some sort?

;)

Is it much work? Is it possible for me to fit it? Or would I need someone like halfrauds to sort it? I don't ahve Steering wheel controls fortunately.

Cheers.

please dont let halfrauds near your car :cry:

+1 :surrender:

Its pretty straight forward to diy it :thumbs:

I WON! :#1:

Sorry I get very excited when it comes to eBay :blush:

£215, not bad if I say so myself, considering I nearly bought the same unit for 4 times that :yahoo:

Ok, how do I change it? :dummy:

Step 1 - clicky http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAction.do?keywords=car+audio+%26+entertainment+systems&location=Trowbridge&scrambleSeed=71004360&searchType=advance&M=&bandedclarifyResults=&ssm=1&autocomplete=kw

Step 2 - draw £50 out

Step 3 - Put kettle on

Step 4 - waitingwaitingwaiting

Step 5 - :band::band::band:

If I can do it myself, I'd rather do it that way. A) I'd learn something B) It's bloody cheaper!

Mate I'm totally with you on the having a crack ethos....however electrics scare me - everything looks fine then BOOMBOOMBOOMFIZZZTTBOOMKBLAMKKKKSSSKKKSSSTTTFIZZTT. I'd rather put my feet up and get it right

If your confident with electrics then fair play. I think there are a ruck of guides. Also Sparky recently installed his - maybe you could sling him a PM to see what guides he used to save yourself some searching http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=43072

i have just installed a JVC unit. Took over a day due to inscuitable wiring BUT I got there ! Theres a thread here on doing it. It's a dash out job and a fair bit of fecking about. Make sure you buy all the conversion loom bits as well or you will be utterly buggered. The key thing is : the blue/white cable that is 'loose' as in no spade but sticking outthe plug is for a 12V supply to trigger the Bose Amp.

Also the handbrake cable simply needs a good earth and then no need to disassemble the tunnel. :teeth:

Enjoy :-) :thumbs:

i have just installed a JVC unit. Took over a day due to inscuitable wiring BUT I got there ! Theres a thread here on doing it. It's a dash out job and a fair bit of fecking about. Make sure you buy all the conversion loom bits as well or you will be utterly buggered. The key thing is : the blue/white cable that is 'loose' as in no spade but sticking outthe plug is for a 12V supply to trigger the Bose Amp.

Also the handbrake cable simply needs a good earth and then no need to disassemble the tunnel. :teeth:

Enjoy :-) :thumbs:

On that note, I think I'll get an auto electrician to do it :lol:

Crazyness, I installed a cd player into my old Renault Megane without any problems!