Why You Should Declare Your Mods

Ekona

Why would they not?

For example, I have my car insured with 'exhaust changes' under modifications. That includes any part of the exhaust, so manifold to backbox. I'm running a cat as I can't be arsed with the hassle, but I could swap happily to decats if I wanted.

Purely because of the MOT thing, how can an insurer 'allow' a mod that has to be removed to pass an MOT :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See the windscreen thing.

You can put a spare wheel in your car with no tread on the tyre, MOT fail but not remotely illegal. MOT has zero to do with insurance or being illegal.

Why would they not?

For example, I have my car insured with 'exhaust changes' under modifications. That includes any part of the exhaust, so manifold to backbox. I'm running a cat as I can't be arsed with the hassle, but I could swap happily to decats if I wanted.

so if i click exhaust change and intake change i can fit a turbo

Why would they not?

so if i click exhaust change and intake change i can fit a turbo

Of course you can!

You won't be legally insured, but you can still fit one. ;)

You can put a spare wheel in your car with no tread on the tyre, MOT fail but not remotely illegal. MOT has zero to do with insurance or being illegal.

Yes I understand that but I fail to see how an insurer would allow you to specify a mod that makes your car unMOTable :shrug:

Yes I understand that but I fail to see how an insurer would allow you to specify a mod that makes your car unMOTable :shrug:

i might need to check the wording on mine but not sure it says anywhere on the t&c an insured car has to be mot'd

It does say that, promise.

Look, if your insurer specifically wants you to tell them about each individual thing and you say decats, they'll either say yes or no: Every one will be different, I can't speak for any of them.