Hi again... and im just wondering?

Rob2005

Well its been 4 years since i got rid of my 350Z and im due to collect another tomorrow. So first let me say hello :thumbs:

I bought an 07 Golf R32 DSG in august after testing a few different cars and though it was nice. After 3 months i hate it and needed something to make me smile again and so tomorrow i pick up my 06 Nismo kitted 350z..

Im wondering however if this is the Rev up version being an 06 with the 20bhp increase or is it still a 276bhp?

Well its been 4 years since i got rid of my 350Z and im due to collect another tomorrow. So first let me say hello :thumbs:

I bought an 07 Golf R32 DSG in august after testing a few different cars and though it was nice. After 3 months i hate it and needed something to make me smile again and so tomorrow i pick up my 06 Nismo kitted 350z..

Im wondering however if this is the Rev up version being an 06 with the 20bhp increase or is it still a 276bhp?

Post a link up to it ;)

Well its home and now tucked up on the drive, had a superb 170 mile trip driving it back. It was nice to see and compare the difference of the 350 compared to the R32. Im not being bias but the Golf just doesnt compare with how rewarding the Z feels :drive1 . The Golf did sound better mind soo i suppose a nice exhaust is on the cards at some point.

Just wanted to check that mine is the 300bhp version and how can i check for sure.. sorry to harp on :blush:

oot of interest, how DOES it compare to the R32. I often wondered. I realise the golf probably isn't nearly as fast (except off the line) but what else?

As others have said, look at the rear lights. There's a square area in the middle of the cluster that has multiple LEDs on the facelift. Otherwise it's just a bulb. Up front, the HID headlights are Bi-xenon on the facelift, and single on the pre. Meaning if you switch to high beams on a pre-facelift, normo halogen bulbs kick in. Bi-xenons are clever and simply re-direct the HID light at a higher angle when you want main beams. It's very obvious when you know what you're looking for!

Well in all honesty the Golf R32 for me simply wasnt a good car. I found the 4 wheel drive system uselss and it understeered terribly, the power was tame (but i knew that before i bought it), i enjoyed the urgonomics (escuse my spelling) the interior was good as was the DSG gearbox.

The car was an 07 with 40k and when i bought it the steering rack was shot and it didnt drive right, £1000+ later and 2 months of driving (1500 miles approx) and the rack began feeling loose and notchy again only to be diagnosed as the electronic power steering motor faulty. The part was covered by warranty but i simply got rid as i didnt enjoy the car one bit. Im not Bias in anyway, i once owned a 350z JDM and enjoyed it but honestly the drive from the Z suits me 1000 times better, i think its a far better package.

Thanks, the rear lights are indeed LED and the car was registered in May so im assuming it is the facelift model. Would just be nice to know 100%