Screenwash and Wiper blades

Tay

Hi, My wipers are leaving an annoying smear across my windscreen so I'm thinking about changing then and getting some aero flat wiper blades. Has anyone used them and are they any good?

Also I'm a little disappointed about the screenwash bottle not having a low warning indicator, but luckily only ran out as i was near to the office. I have however learned that when it stops working a sharp left hander makes enough come through to clean the screen so it's not all bad i suppose. Would have been nice to have a warning indicator though.

Advice on the blades will be much appreciated.

PIAA blades are recommended - a tad expensive but used with their rain repellant (or RainX) will mean you only have to use the wipers in severe conditions as it will just bead off at 40mph+.

You should be able to check the fluid level by holding your finger over the small hole on the cap before lifting out - that will hold the remianing fluid in the pipe to see what you have ;)

I have stock of PIAA wipers, screen cleaner and protector too.

http://chillired.co.uk/ocart/index.php? ... ry&path=36

and

http://chillired.co.uk/ocart/index.php? ... ry&path=39

Iv'e just fitted some of these that Sarah delivered personally to the Grasshoper in Westerham :D

They are not cheap but are absolutely fantastic, I intend to get some rainx type stuff to compliment them but at the moment they are great on their own :thumbs::#1:

Hi, My wipers are leaving an annoying smear across my windscreen so I'm thinking about changing then and getting some aero flat wiper blades. Has anyone used them and are they any good?

Also I'm a little disappointed about the screenwash bottle not having a low warning indicator, but luckily only ran out as i was near to the office. I have however learned that when it stops working a sharp left hander makes enough come through to clean the screen so it's not all bad i suppose. Would have been nice to have a warning indicator though.

Advice on the blades will be much appreciated.

i got some areo wipers off ebay for £7.79p and they are fantastic item number is 200399821627 fast delivery too , iv got a roadster so only needed 2 !

I just got these last week the areo wipers by Bosch much better than the cheaper ones I had them and they lift off at speed and chatter took my new ones up to high speed Sunday and no problems.

My passenger also commented how neat the new blades are compared to the old style that she had trouble looking through when at rest. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSCH-AERO-RETRO- ... 415410f5fc

yep, could not believe it when my water washer bottle emptied and had no warning light on a twenty five grand car even my mums Punto has a warning light :lol:

I got some cheap aero ones from Tesco, I had PIAA ones on that were knackered so replaced them with the Tesco ones and they stayed on about 15 seconds.... they looked awful :yuck: cheap and nasty.

Im sure they would do a job but I never gave them a chance. I put the old PIAA ones back on and got some new ones :thumbs:

I have had these silicone wipers on for 3months..cleans the windscreen really well and comes with lifetime warranty :thumbs::teeth: And they are as cheap as your normal rubber wiper blades.

http://www.tripledge.co.uk

But they still look like what they are..... cheap :shrug:

If you are going to be driving in all weathers like I do in a Zed then why worry about saving a few ££'s on wipers :shrug: just buy a cheaper car to run :p

I have had two sets of cheap aero wipers and they didn't clear the windscreen as well as these ones. These are silicone wipers by the way and they create a layer of silicone on the windcreen that makes the water beads..a bit like the Rain X. They might look cheap or OEM but they surely do the job well :thumbs:

We had subzero temp few weeks ago which lasted a day..and the whole windscreen was frozen apart from the silicone wipers.

I have now gone with the Retro-fit flat beam wiper blades or Aero wipers........look absolutley stunning, far less bulky than the standard wipers on the Zed and they are SSSSOOOOOOOOO Good, can't believe my eyes that I have glass in my screen sometimes now. What a difference new wipers make!!!!!!!

I know what you're all going to say....but I'm not very good at all this uploading picture procedure so to be honest so you will just have to take my word for it.

I would like to say though.....if anyone is after this style of wiper blade, then DO check out the Autobulbs Direct or ABD website; superb customer service and delivery.

I ordered mine via the internet on Sunday 27th June at 09.30am, recieved an email from them at 08.30am on the Monday morning stating my order had been dispatched via the standard 2-4 working day delivery package that I had chosen at no extra cost (bargain) and recieved them from my posty at 8.00am on the Tuesday 28th June...... :thumbs: WOW!!!!

And to top this..... being a member on here, one of the FANTASTIC administrators will PM you a special discount code and the order is even cheaper :yahoo: .

As I have said WOW........check them out.........http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/abd-re ... -and-rear/

The pack that I purchased was the "ABD Retro-Fit Flat Beam Wiper Blades Full Pack 20"/18"/18" which are advertised at a discounted rate of £21.25 but with the special code the cost was reduced to £19.12 and you also qualify for one of the company's free gifts......what more could you desire?

Hope this helps.

PIAA blades are recommended - a tad expensive but used with their rain repellant (or RainX) will mean you only have to use the wipers in severe conditions as it will just bead off at 40mph+.

You should be able to check the fluid level by holding your finger over the small hole on the cap before lifting out - that will hold the remianing fluid in the pipe to see what you have ;)

Noted, but i'm so used to the lazy style of motoring. Service the car at regular intervals. Oil level gets to the low mark on the stick, Warning light comes on telling you to check oil level. Wash fluid low, Warning light comes on telling you to top up. Brake pads low, Warning light comes on telling you to get them checked/replaced. Bulb goes, Warning light comes on.

The Z doesn't appear to have any of these, I did a quick check of everything recently ready for the winter, topped up the oil, checked the lights, tyre pressures and the other fluid levels but didn't realise what the tube thing attached to the screenwash lid was for as i've never seen it on any other car before, so thanks for that :thumbs:

I agree with the comments that a car of this calibre should have these but as it's a value for money sports car it just looks like i'll have to step up the frequency of the checks. It is a small price to pay for such a good car though.

Also if you have a Costco near you the are selling the blue screen wash stuff that stops freezing at 2 for 1.

Dropped by tesco and picked up a 2.5 litre bottle of concentrate and added 2.5 litres of water. It's one big washer bottle they've fitted to the car.

i got the cheap tesco's ones. yes they are a bit cheap and nasty but they do the job for £15 for 3. i really dont drive much in the rain anyway! :blush::lol:

It's always worth getting some decent wipers. What if you're caught out in a downpour? The Z is my main car so want some decent blades, hence asking for recommendations.

what free gift did u go for?

Sorry Sparky I cannot remember off the top of my head what the code was......to be fair contact any moderator and they are unbelievably quick with their responses :thumbs:

As for the free gift I chose the 501 LED sidelight bulb as wanted to upgrade these at that point in time but if I'm completley honest they aren't really much to sing home about and didn't install them; now kept in the boot as a backup if the need ever arose!!!!

Instead I went for a far better LED alternative that was reccommended to me from Husky (the legend on all LED concerns) and found them at a local dealer; these are amazing in their performance; something similar to these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-501-W5W-XENON ... 3f00ac444e