Pop-Charger Guide

cmck13

Hi Guys and Gals

I wanted to find a good guide on how to fit a JWT pop charger as I will be doing mine tomorrow, I thought the instructions provided were a little limited if you had not done this before.

I searched around and found this site showing how to fit one, I thought it was most helpful and concise as its a very good idiots guide. It was noticeable that some of our members were struggling to find a guide that was simple to follow and I think this fits the bill.

What I would like to know from the learned out there is if this guide is up to date, I notice in the comments there was some discussion as to whether you need to disconnect the negative on the battery. Comments would be useful for anything that helps. Cheers and thanks.

:wave:

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetra ... -pics.html

No idea what the drill was for?????

The rest looks fine, it really is a very simple mod. Take good care of that MAF sensor.

I never did the battery (I don't think - it was years ago!) but did an ECU reset after.

This was the actual article why I put this on the site, other members commented that they did not understand it, one A4 page that assumes you know what an item is by terminology and not helped by a photo that shows what they are talking about. Not everybody knows what they are talking about hence this guide in photos.

If you can do it in ten minutes then thats great, but not if you have never done it before, received training, or gained help from some one else, otherwise you would be born the smartest person in the world and I dont think any of us fall into that category but thats another thread.

What I was asking about this site, is it accurate?

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't hate me for this :wacko: but I don't really know anything about car modifications... I saw a video of a 350z with a JWT on youtube, sounds good for sure, and now I know physically what it is.. but can someone tell me why I'd want one? because I suddenly want one but have no idea why and need to justify buying one :D

I have a standard 350z, I'm not really looking into tuning or anything my only real plans are to eventually put a slightly fruitier exhaust on, and a stubby aerial haha.

So, idiots guide to why I need a JWT pop charger please? :blush: sorry to thread jack :dry:

Please don't hate me for this :wacko: but I don't really know anything about car modifications... I saw a video of a 350z with a JWT on youtube, sounds good for sure, and now I know physically what it is.. but can someone tell me why I'd want one? because I suddenly want one but have no idea why and need to justify buying one :D

I have a standard 350z, I'm not really looking into tuning or anything my only real plans are to eventually put a slightly fruitier exhaust on, and a stubby aerial haha.

So, idiots guide to why I need a JWT pop charger please? :blush: sorry to thread jack :dry:

For the noise basically. :teeth::thumbs:

• 2 months later...

I finally succumbed to my first modification - I managed to acquire a second hand JWT Pop Charger on Ebay - just cleaned and re-oiled the filter, replaced some of the bolts etc and saved quite a few bob.

It had no instructions with it.... so I was very grateful for this incredibly detailed guide.....

Thank you cmk13 for putting it on here.

• 4 weeks later...

Just shows............here's me thinking a 'pop-charger' is some real technical bit of kit when all it is is an open cone filter,need to get to grips with terminology on these cars lol. Have got one on my leon cupra,and it does give a better sound but helps suck all that lovely air in too,giving a bit more into the turbo.