Bluetooth adaptor (wont Pair)

Hayd350

I did do a search but couldn't find the info.

Right i have the built in bluetooth and have the cradle in the centre complete with slot in adaptor.

considering its an 08 i didn't expect there to be any issues with connecting my phone up, well any phone actually.

I've been onto nissan website and they say its compatible with my i-phone, i couldn't pair it so got a sony ericsson x10 and this doesn't work either.

the lights are on, green and occasionally red, but nothing happens.

Is there a technique for pairing them that i dont know about?

Once paired is the option there to play mp3's through the bluetooth setup? (long shot i know)

i've seen a few for sale on ebay but i have a small trust issue with anything electrical on ebay.

Any help or direction would be good.

Cheers.

Hayd.

without wishing to teach to suck eggs....

1. Activate you phones bluetooth

2. Turn on car ignition. "phone" should appear on the stereo screen briefly

3. Using mobile phone, search for BT devices

4. Should come up with "Nissan 350z"

5. Connect to it. If it asks for a passcode, I think it was 1234.

i'll have to have a bit more of a mess about with it i think.

tried the usual, search for devices, seems to pick up passers by rather than my car and i doubt they'll want to take my calls.

i'll take the adaptor out and try it a few different ways round, even when i push the phone button on the steering wheel i get nothing in return so not sure if its faulty or weather i should give it to a 13 year old to sort out.

Cheers for your thoughts though guys.

adaptor will only fit in one way. While the adaptor is scanning for devices when ignition is swithced on, you should see a flashing yellow LED on the top of the adaptor. Once paired with a phone it will go solid red.

If you have no LED indication then it may be dead or a blown fuse.

not the most exciting problem isn't this i know.

if i turn the ignition on it shows red on the adaptor, is it possible that its still looking for the previous owners phone?

or is that a stupid thing to say. i take it you can't reset the adaptor or anything?

:yawn:

Have you done what Lexx said at stages 3, 4, 5?

The adaptor can deal with 4 or 5 different phones (from memory) so it should pick yours up.

Try and find a quiet spot so you do not pick up other bluetooth devices - I remember trying to do this once in a High Street and the poor old phone nearly died of shock with the number of devices it picked up :lol:

Make sure you have followed the steps on page 4 of the handbook to make a successful 'pair'.

If your car has had a previous owner, have all his phone contacts (max of 50) been deleted - follow the procedure on page 13 in the handbook if not as that may stop new input.

Good luck :thumbs:

does the adaptor first flash yellow when ignition is first turned on. When it flashing yellow its at this point you want to be searching for the adaptor with you phone. Perhaps try looking under audio devices when searching

if its red then its paired with something. Doubt it would be past users phone but perhaps more likely yours and you not sussed it out properly yet

Well played around with it a bit lastnight but victory is not mine.

its a red light on the adaptor from start, no sign of amber or green and my phone wont even find it to connect to so i have no idea whats wrong with it.

Cheers for your help though guys, its appreciated.

I had that too until I pushed the adaptor and it clicked into the cradle proper.

Perhaps there is a member near you that can help?

I actually though i'd give this a bash, forced the adaptor down towards the connection and it started to flash amber. paired but not connected is what i get now but its a step in the right direction. :yahoo:

TBH mines says the same. paired but not connected. but try and make a call. it works!!! i didnt try and receive a call but i have no friends. :blush::thumbdown:

i'll try it on route home and hopefully it'll work i guess i'll have to see if i can receive calls. no friends? ahh well pasengers only weigh you down. :lol:

TBH mines says the same. paired but not connected. but try and make a call. it works!!! i didnt try and receive a call but i have no friends. :blush::thumbdown:

i'll try it on route home and hopefully it'll work i guess i'll have to see if i can receive calls. no friends? ahh well pasengers only weigh you down. :lol:

passengers?? got a girlfriend but shes not a friend! :lol:

especially when she says that i cant buy something for the Zed!! LOL :angry: