Forged blocks Group buy

andlid

Would you want a forged block group buy?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want a forged block group buy?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread spawned a bit about the general conversation that I keep having with Z owners pondering about building their engine, some with FI in mind and some with NOS and some others with high compression N/A... to be honest I'm looking at it from a FI in mind around the 500-600 WHP and with this thread possibly some tuner might see a need from the Z community and a business oppertunity to grab a bit of £,€ or $ :D So far there are 5 engines in it :lol:

The cost would be:

Engine, shipping, tax/customs, fitting - selling old block

Would be great to have a donor block and then just swap the block out and replace the internals moving forward, as stated it's an opportunity for someone to snap up... I just moved the boulder :D

IPP blocks?

Good idea in theory but your gonna get 2 lists of people. Those that are serious about FI & are ready and then those that dream about FI, declare an interest and disappear when its time to show the money ;)

IPP blocks?

Good idea in theory but your gonna get 2 lists of people. Those that are serious about FI & are ready and then those that dream about FI, declare an interest and disappear when its time to show the money ;)

;) thanks for that linky :teeth:

It would probably be smarter to get a 'host' block and use that on a exchange basis then get X ammount of blocks from there :teeth:

What would these lads say if a truck and 10 Z's turned up for a fitting service?

KwikFit2.jpg

:lol:

So one list for dreamers and one list for serious people, check... :teeth:

You get this off the ground anders and i will come to your house and eat all your shoes

:rant: my shoes! They are too expensive to be eaten... mmm I've got a few slippers though that are well passed their sell by date that you can have :teeth:

Can the 'no' and 'yes' sayers maybe put some posts up? :snack:

Anders, wake up and smell the coffee mate. :surrender:

Unfortunately this will never happen, what are you on? :lol::lol::lol:

Great idea though :thumbs:

It is not rocket science to build a motor but not a task to be entrusted to the unskilled. ;)

Oh who's talking about using unskilled mech? :scare: oh maybe that was the kwik fit joke that pointed you to that :D It's actually just meant to wake some traders/tuners up and smell the coffee :D To be honest if the price was right I'd guess 5 Z's on here would be there quicksmart to get a forge done.

I'm up for it as I'm at the limitations of my NOS and the next step is to forge although I really need to understand from my trusted mechanic ;) what I should be looking for to suit the next size jets and beyond.

To note I want to plan this for next year, if something does coming of this and we can obtain the right solutions then I suggest a slipper eating fest!

Anders, wake up and smell the coffee mate. :surrender:

Unfortunately this will never happen, what are you on? :lol::lol::lol:

Great idea though :thumbs:

It is not rocket science to build a motor but not a task to be entrusted to the unskilled. ;)

Oh who's talking about using unskilled mech? :scare: oh maybe that was the kwik fit joke that pointed you to that :D It's actually just meant to wake some traders/tuners up and smell the coffee :D To be honest if the price was right I'd guess 5 Z's on here would be there quicksmart to get a forge done.

Anders, you may get 5 or even 10 showing an interest but try getting a financial commitment :blush:

I rest my case :surrender: