going to look at a zed at the weekend + request

Matt L

yes you have done the right thing,if you realy want 1 you would of gone,unless having 1 is getting you out of bed early with excitement about looking for a zed,your better off waiting,i wanted a zed on a tuesday had it by thursday,best car ive ever owned & even though ive spent 1000s making it how i want it i dont regret a second of it, i bet your hard work on the weekly supermarket shop. :)

yes you have done the right thing,if you realy want 1 you would of gone,unless having 1 is getting you out of bed early with excitement about looking for a zed,your better off waiting,i wanted a zed on a tuesday had it by thursday,best car ive ever owned & even though ive spent 1000s making it how i want it i dont regret a second of it, i bet your hard work on the weekly supermarket shop. :)

thats the thing, i have wanted one for the past 4months and i couldnt get one due to starting a new job and having to wait until the 3months probation thing was up and now that is up i could finally look properly into getting one, which i was genuinly (sp) excited about going to look at them/get one but i dont know just something in the back of my mind telling me its not worth it :( even though i know for a fact everytime i would of sat in it i would of smiled and forgotten all about the worries of owning it :lol: until i got out looked at it and then the thoughts would be back :lol: and tbh i cant afford to constantly drive it just to get rid of those thoughts haha.

but now i have said no to going to view it i feel well moppy :lol:

Doubt very much you will regret it but if you do it will be an expensive mistake,by buying from a dealer you will lose at least 25%,my advice would be buy at the right price privately,if you want to sell you should not lose any money,goodluck anyway. :D

I bought and picked up the car today, and i went to get an insurance quote and it was through the roof!! i was going to be a third driver and i did not know that you can not use the same NCB on a different car!!!

this has ruined it all :( it was only going to be a weekend car and its very hard to justify the insurance cost. the petrol was fine.

so i have a nissan 350z for sale :(

The whole insurance thing is a joke!!!

Sorry to rub lemon juice into your paper cut, but didn't you check the insurance before you bought it?? It is a powerful sports GT afterall.

It is a shame, but insurance is high for a reason sometimes. You sound like a young guy, your time will come. Build that no claims and driving skills first, then you'll enjoy these cars all the more. There are alot of cars out there with low insurance that are alot of fun too.

Bradders.

well the no took over :( i havent gone to view it purely because i know if i went i would want it and i think once id have signed on the line i would constantly have in my mind i cant afford to use you how i would like to and it would end up an epicly expensive toy :(, which i would of only been using at weekends anyway so its alot of expense for hardly any use :(.

can someone tell me i have done the right thing.... :(

Getting back on track I think you have definitely made the right decision

If you are worried about money then im sure the shine of the zed would wear thin if you couldn't afford to run it as you would like. I remember years ago I really pushed my budget and bought a brand new sports car. However I ended up watching the fuel gauge more than the revs. Someone kicked in the rear wing and I couldn't afford to fix it, in the end I had to sell it and lost loads of money as the shine had gone. This time I waited til I could afford the zed, if I want to change wheels add a few mods it's not a problem and I don't care about the fuel costs ( last month spent £480 on fuel... :wacko: ). I can really. Enjoy the car without worry.

If you are not sure then wait and save and get one when you can really enjoy it. Just keep in touch on the forum to look for hints and tips and a good deal when you finally decide to buy.

last month spent £480 on fuel... :wacko:

Spill the beans - that was largely on the 370 you borrowed and took for a 800 mile or so fling around Wales ;):lol:

Lol you got me, and I don't regret a penny that I spent. Love my roadster but I definitely miss the 370

will dont worry ill be here for a while :) getting addicted to reading/seeing peoples cars on here :lol: so wont be going anywhere :) and hopefully staying will slowly stir me into getting one so i can then have a proper reason to be here :)

will dont worry ill be here for a while :) getting addicted to reading/seeing peoples cars on here :lol: so wont be going anywhere :) and hopefully staying will slowly stir me into getting one so i can then have a proper reason to be here :)

Where abouts are you based, would be ideal for you to come along to one of the zed meets so you can see members cars in person and get ideas of what proper looked after cars are like and costs etc. Although this should come with a warning as it could pursued you to make the jump and get one.

Where abouts are you based, would be ideal for you to come along to one of the zed meets so you can see members cars in person and get ideas of what proper looked after cars are like and costs etc. Although this should come with a warning as it could pursued you to make the jump and get one.

from stoke on trent so pretty central :) will hopefully making my way to the lakes meet next year :)

I bought and picked up the car today, and i went to get an insurance quote and it was through the roof!! i was going to be a third driver and i did not know that you can not use the same NCB on a different car!!!

this has ruined it all :( it was only going to be a weekend car and its very hard to justify the insurance cost. the petrol was fine.

:bang: Alot of companies can do a multicar policy that can mirror NCB. On a serious note, do you live on a different planet? :wacko:

Am I just an old cynic of is this the start of a for sale thread without 50 posts