MY11 GTR

Chesterfield

It appears that in keeping with Nissan - the revisions of cars come pretty quickly, I'm probably a little slow on the uptake here and apologies if its a repost, but the MY11 GTR and its changes are announced here:

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/20 ... -01-e.html

They go on sale in Japan in November - dont know when they will make it to the UK.

Not quite as bad as the release of the MY06 convertible just a few months after the MY05 convertible in the UK, but the GTR being updated now has only left the UK cars with a two year lifespan hasnt it?

Did I calculate this right..... the GTR Spec V is £122k :scare:

Nah you got it wrong, XE.com says it's £122,528.35... so that's £123k if you round it correctly. :p

Anyway, could someone please explain what this is trying to say?!? I read it as braking while turning the steering wheel WHEN starting the vehicle (i.e: not moving??) requires temporary 2WD?!?

"To control tight corner braking phenomenon, which can occur when starting the vehicle while turning the steering wheel, 2WD mode is added to temporarily shift to 2WD driving."

Ever driven a 4WD vehicle at low speeds with full-lock on? It crabs and jumps as the wheels fight each other, so this sounds like it drops to 2WD for low speed stuff. That's only a guess from your quote though, I haven't seen the press release.

They can be ordered now for delivery March in the UK :teeth:

Also there will eventually be an 'update pack' for current owners to get 2009/2010 GTRs up to new spec :thumbs:

They're also saying that use of launch control will not affect warranty. :yahoo:

Did I calculate this right..... the GTR Spec V is £122k :scare:

Nah you got it wrong, XE.com says it's £122,528.35... so that's £123k if you round it correctly. :p

quote]

Google says £122,282.61 so rounded down as you should :p back at ya! :teeth:

Ever driven a 4WD vehicle at low speeds with full-lock on? It crabs and jumps as the wheels fight each other, so this sounds like it drops to 2WD for low speed stuff. That's only a guess from your quote though, I haven't seen the press release.

+1

exactly what they mean