Janspeed zorst?

philb1965

Insurance renewal in a month so I need to get my zorst sorted. So far the front runner is HKS SSM, but it costs a packet. I don't fancy the scorpion as the pictures I've seen don't make it the most attractive package and I'd like it to look and sound good.

Agency power....probably not although I quite like the look and they sound pretty good on the vids I've seen just worry about quality.

This brings me on to Janspeed. They offer a complete system or back box, x pipe etc.

The price is good compared to all the others but I can't find any vids, pictures, reviews or anything.

Does anyone have any pictures, vids, details??

There was a review on pistonheads for RJN developing the zorst but no pics, clips etc.

Anyone any experience of Janspeed, quality, gains, sound? I've emailed them yesterday, but no reply yet. Might give them a call tomorrow.

No experience on a Z, but I had a Designtek exhaust on my Boxster, which uses a Janspeed outer and reworked internals. Quality was nice enough.

The two I have on my shortlist for the 370 are either a Berk CBE or the Borla - both look fairly OEM too.

I know Chris has the Stillen, which sounds lovely but personally not a fan of the sticky outty tailpipes.

I like the look of the Berk, but it's the hassle of importing it, probably work out near the £1500 mark.

I can get the HKS for around £1300 and available in the UK, but the janspeed and agency power are about £700, so a big difference.

I'm with you on the Stillen pipes, to far out of the back for me, I'd like them near flush.

If the janspeed is any good they are missing a trick as their advertising is non-existent. With more 370s on the road they'd shift a few, I'd like to see what the x-pipe is like to.

I

I'm with you on the Stillen pipes, to far out of the back for me, I'd like them near flush.

They project about half an inch at the top, just enough to read the 'Stillen' engraving on the top of each. The main difference compared to the OEM is that they are vertical rather than raked and of course the 4" bore makes them a little more prominent which is what grabs most peoples attention :teeth:

Before

P1060519.jpg

To show the projection

P1060650a.jpg

The view most see :D

P1060822.jpg

And now with 6k miles of carbon in it...... :cloud9:

No regrets at all.

Not criticising the Stillen, I think it sounds good but again £1450ish and need to import.

Looks good in your pics but some I've seen they look a lot further out, maybe just the angle of the pics.

If I could get a good quality and sounding zorst for around £700 the difference could be invested in an Uprev tune!

Unless I can get some info from Janspeed it will probably be the HKS for me and no Uprev until next year sometime.

I'll call Janspeed tomorrow and see what info they have.

My mate has just bought a 2nd hand 370 fitted with a Nismo zorst..jammy git!

He picked it up Friday and he's away so haven't got to hear it yet.

I would like to hear that Nismo exhaust. I was put off from reports from the States where it is was suggested it was too quiet. Having had one on the 350 it was just right for me and build quality was supurb - yes I would say the finish was superior to the Stillen, just.

I got the Stillen last December for about £1200 all in, including shipping/taxes. One of their regular sales ;)

Traders here are really missing a trick with a distinct absence of aftermarket exhausts on offer for the 370 - the one thing the car really cries out for.

The Akrapovic's are nice too, and you can just the muffler instead of the full CBE bits and bobs.

I reckon just the muffler will be a small fortune though, but could always add the other tubing later on when funds allow.

The carbon end pipes look :cloud9::cloud9:

I can do a good deal on HKS or Stillen. HKS have no stock at the moment thou.

The Janspeed is noisy where as the HKS/Stillen sound awesome.

Had a 370Z on the dyno yesterday with resonated de-cats and Berks system and Stillen long tube filters, what a lovley sound

and lots of ponies....

Had a 370Z on the dyno yesterday with resonated de-cats and Berks system and Stillen long tube filters, what a lovley sound

and lots of ponies....

Numbers? :teeth: Also what was the AFR like? Did it behave itself without the need for UpRev? I have the stillen CBE and Gen3 intakes, so very curious.

Kev, will look into shipping dates and let you know

Chris,

your car will be very rich if your just running rear exhaust section and air intakes. If you remove the front cats ( 370,s have 2 sets of cats just like a 35GTR) most systems remove the rear cats , the car will run dangerously lean.

But a fully decatted car gives real good power we have found with a good map

Kev, will look into shipping dates and let you know

Chris,

your car will be very rich if your just running rear exhaust section and air intakes. If you remove the front cats ( 370,s have 2 sets of cats just like a 35GTR) most systems remove the rear cats , the car will run dangerously lean.

But a fully decatted car gives real good power we have found with a good map

That is quite interesting. 370 definitely needs an exhaust. I need to get one :)

Had a reply from Janspeed with some pics and dyno graphs, db levels etc.

The pics are not 'glossy' just taken from when one was fitted to a car.

There's quite a lot of stuff, the exhaust looks OK, the dB's seem quite low and they would do a group buy as follows for a full cbe:

If one is ordered the price is £789.80 inc VAT.

If you/your club orders 5 then the price drops to £691.07 and if you get 10 people confirmed, then I can do it for £550. Postage will be £15.50 for every parcel.

If anyone wants the pics I can mail them to you, there are quite a few, not great though. Not sure it's for me, no sound clips and it doesn't look that pleasing to my eye. Marketing doesn't seem to be this companies strong point.

Here's a file of the dyno, parts and run data..airflow etc: