TracKday warriors beware!!!!!!!

GT4 Zed

The brakes failed and you see on the vid he still tried to negotiate the corner Chris... general consensus is if he'd just gone straight on the gravel trap would've done its job and stopped the car- or at the very latest the tyre wall would've. Such a scenario on a track day is highly unlikely ( christ! I shouldn't tempt fate should I?!)

That cartwheeling was mental :headhurt: If I thought I could fit my arse through one I'd quite like a roll cage now :lol:

handbraker? Engine braking? Shooting the engine? man the list is endless on how he could have slowed that speed down before hitting the corner... is there any inside photage of that crash?

The brakes failed and you see on the vid he still tried to negotiate the corner Chris... general consensus is if he'd just gone straight on the gravel trap would've done its job and stopped the car- or at the very latest the tyre wall would've. Such a scenario on a track day is highly unlikely ( christ! I shouldn't tempt fate should I?!)

That cartwheeling was mental :headhurt: If I thought I could fit my arse through one I'd quite like a roll cage now :lol:

handbraker? Engine braking? Shooting the engine? man the list is endless on how he could have slowed that speed down before hitting the corner... is there any inside photage of that crash?

Watch the first vid Bennet posted...you see the failure at 20 secs - he's obviously applied the brake and you see the steering go- he does what 99% of people would do in that situation first try to correct the steering...I doubt many of us would react fast enough in those three seconds before the car starts to turn to think "ah maybe I should change gear again or apply the handbrake" - neither of which would have enough affect at that speed anyway :shrug::lol:

looks like he got brake fade and then started the panic routing... "pumping"... plenty of time to keep the pedal to the floor and hit the handbraker, clutch and shot in a low gear... he had about 3 sec or so... you'd be suprised how long that would feel like in his situation, knowing what its' like flying off the bike... :blush: scary as feck and can just hope that my spinal cord reactions will be different from the guy there.

Handbrake would surely do feck all at those speeds and chances are if you apply enough power to it, you'll lock the rears and spin into the gravel. Best course of action would have been to take it head on and hope the gravel does its job before hitting the tyre wall.

Handbrake would surely do feck all at those speeds and chances are if you apply enough power to it, you'll lock the rears and spin into the gravel. Best course of action would have been to take it head on and hope the gravel does its job before hitting the tyre wall.

as long as its applying evenly it should be great. Locked rear even better. Possible a bit weird run off with him sliding down instead of hitting the run off straight on...

You wouldn't apply the handbrake. You'd go both feet in and start praying, although engine braking would be more useful you simply wouldn't have time to think about doing that with your bum doing 50p-5p impressions. The general rule is if everything starts going wrong, jump on the clutch and brake and release the steering wheel to avoid breaking your wrists when you hit the wall.

as long as its applying evenly it should be great. Locked rear even better. Possible a bit weird run off with him sliding down instead of hitting the run off straight on...

Handbrake wouldnt work at that speed though. You know how bad the handbrake is on the 350 it wont stop it sliding down hills :lol:

this is an old one, brake failure was the cause which is odd considering brake pressure was there... i think this is a massive testament to the 350z chassis and one of the things that swayed be towards the car as opposed to a caterfield/mx5 or anything else.

When i was progressing the car it was easy to see that things like suspension and brakes were holding the car back, but the quicker you start going the higher the requirement for safety gear there is. :thumbs: