Refurb, Spray and Balance = £60 (pics pg2)

Woody

Hi all, I want to get my wheels gloss black. Now the only pros around the area are going to charge £200 to do it. I know this is quite a good price, but I cant afford it at the moment. I lad who I know is just starting up his own spraying company and is charging £60 any colour, any size for a wet spray. I know this isnt as good as powder coating, but as that price I can get it done now. My question is.... Will a wet spray invlove baking of the wheel? As the forged wheel as to be done at a certain temp to avoid cracking. Is there anything else I need to be aware of?

Cheers Woody

Personally i'd save my money, winter is coming and the wet paint is going to take a beating and possibly look a bit rough in the spring.

save up over winter and have them done properly by a powder coater in the spring. then they will last alot longer.

i've go tnew wheel and they need a refurb, but i'm not going to bother until next year as the crap weather will ruin the new paint

Personally i'd save my money, winter is coming and the wet paint is going to take a beating and possibly look a bit rough in the spring.

save up over winter and have them done properly by a powder coater in the spring. then they will last alot longer.

i've go tnew wheel and they need a refurb, but i'm not going to bother until next year as the crap weather will ruin the new paint

for £60 all in I'd do them twice a year anyway!

That's very very good advice, I have lost count of the times I have rushed a job and then spent the whole time I have done it the 2nd time wishing I wasn't such an impatient **** :rant:

Its 100% £60 all in. Yeh he is stripping it first. TBH Im looking to get a set of nice alloys sometime next year, these will be my winter ones. I will most likely be getting them powdercoated summertime next year also. I just thought for £60 all in, Id give it ago and see what it looks like.

She is back in black. For £60 it looks fantastic. Here are some pics. P.s im trying to do this off my phone, so hope it works

2010-10-01154507.jpg

2010-10-01154652.jpg

2010-10-01154436.jpg

And last but not least... my attempt at doing the caps. They're not finished yet, but here is a sneek peek

2010-10-01180456.jpg

Comments welcome :thumbs:

Cheers for all the comments guys, ill try and get some decent pics up when its not lashing down. The pics dont do them juctice

Think that looks stunning :thumbs:

What about some black lug nuts?

Yeh I need some more nuts, but Im thinking orange :D

£60 well spent. Not sure on the centers though. :shrug:

Each to their own mate. I thought id try and do something differant and see what it looks like. They're not on the car yet, might still change my mind :thumbs:

Cheers for all the comments guys, ill try and get some decent pics up when its not lashing down. The pics dont do them juctice

Think that looks stunning :thumbs:

What about some black lug nuts?

Yeh I need some more nuts, but Im thinking orange :D

£60 well spent. Not sure on the centers though. :shrug:

Each to their own mate. I thought id try and do something differant and see what it looks like. They're not on the car yet, might still change my mind :thumbs:

Hmm, just thinking, maybe an orange more the shade of the brembos? Apparently it's honda inca pearl:

http://www.reallymeansounds.com/forum/c ... aints.html

Somewhere that has it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-B-C-Aerosol ... 0557539617