Nissan Juke - quick shuftie

stanski

We were passing West way Nissan Oldham today so bobbed over to see if they had one in?

The grand opening is tomorrow but there was one parked up so we had a peep.

As with a lot of cars recently its a love it or hate it car - well.........strangely enough we like it (over all!)

Its odd looking to be sure with the Micra and Cashcow parked either side of it - I kept thinking it looked small like the Micra but in fact its more Cashcow sized and actually very roomy inside!

Now remember its 2010 and even Korean cars have fairly decent looking plastics - well some of them on the Juke look a bit erm how can say this .... yes Cheap! :blackeye:

Personally I would not choose Black - it needs a nice colour to set it off like Night Blue for example - otherwise it blends into the background. Its really odd in a parts bin special - you can see elements of the rest of the Nissan range in it - the roof is very GTR/370 like for example and the centre console and dash is dare I say it 370Z ish but a poorer plastic version with cheap looking gold/plastichrome splashes here and there - shame it was'nt real alloy. The glove box is about the right size to fit a sandwhich box and nothing else.

There is bags of room up front but the rear although spacious is not good if your tallish I am not giant, 5ft 11 but my head just touched the ceiling in the back.

The high window line and copious use of black plastic makes the interior especially the back a bit dull and claustaphobic, which is a shame - all they need is a splash of colour and it will be transformed.

The boot is actually quite practical and large with a false floor to stick your dead bodies in etc the seats fold flat. No spare just foam though :thumbdown:

I think with a nice set of 18inch Alloys even a set of 350Z Nismos it would really look the biz. We did'nt go for a drive it was just a quick look and the sale guy let us have a sit inside. He was bragging how its the fastest selling Nissan before its even been released ! :bangin:

Well anyway short of a test drive I think the one to go for is 1.6TD petrol at 190bhp. Prices start at £12500 for the base and up to £20+ I understand for some fancy top end 4x4 job?

Over all we both liked it - a little bit of alloy bling would really transform it and yes lowering and spacers would really make it start out. We actually prefered it over the new Cube (but not the old one)

So its a wait for 3 years job and buy one for £7K then I think... :thumbs:

Here it is - sorry crappy Wonderphone pics only

NKP5OUwhxA.jpg

Look at the size comparision between the Micra and Cashcow?

IlYBvgpgyw.jpg

I was in the main Nissan dealer in Chester today (more of which later ;) ) and they were absolutely snowed under with people looking at the Juke. They took at least 2 orders. possibly 3 in the half hour I was there! Had a quick look to see what the fuss was..not bad, but not for me.

Pete

Yo Stew !! welcom back :yahoo: Woohooo

Re: Jukeski - well it probably does'nt come across that well on photos but in the flesh it has a certain something - you need to see one really?

Like I said love it or hate it for £12.5K its not a bad price compared to other offerings but just that little bit more unique - nice one Nissan for having the b@lls to do something like this - just spend a bit of money on the interior and you will wipe the competition overnight! :)

Like I said t'other day - I think its so fugly its cute- may well be a second car option in three years time (by which time the Astra will be well and truly dead :blink: its cost more in upkeep this year than the zed :doh: )

What does 'TD' stand for on this one? - I always assumed TD was 'turbo diesel'

Sorry Viks meant to say Turbo as in petrol turbo the diesel engine is supposed to be pants in this one? The 1.6 Turbo I supposed to fly?

Like I said it's a bargain in 3 years time when they are going for peanuts although not exactly pricey now are they ?

Just seen one at my Nissan Dealers...

I thought they looked awful on the adverts... but in the flesh? OMG... SO AWFUL! :thumbdown:

The front light clusters look like they were too big, they put them in anyway, then slammed the bonnet down!

They stick out and look terrible.

Sorry, not my cup o' char :blink: