350z and baby seats answer

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Its took me a year to get a definitive answer, in that time ive had crap from the missus and have looked at several alternative boring family cars :thumbdown: , ive now got ammunition to give Mrs Tarmac so I never need to sell the Zed EVER :lol::lol:

Taken from the website underneath :)

10. Can children travel in the front seat? What about two-seaters and convertibles?

Apart from those in rear-facing seats when there is an active front air-bag, children can travel in the front seat of any vehicle provided they are properly restrained. This includes 2-seaters or convertibles, even if the top is down.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/think/focusareas/ ... r?page=FAQ

Halli fookin loola :#1:

:lol:

There you go..... You can all start making babies and after 6 months when they come out the rear facing seat you can take them to meets and events

Jobs a good un :)

Good Info, having been looking for a definitive answer for some time.

What worries me though is the info from the Car handbook pg 2-26

"NISSAN recommends NOT to carry infants and small children in this vehicle"

"In vehicles equipped with the front passenger airbag and side air bag system, you should not let any infants or small children sit in the front passenger's seat. as the air bag may cause serious injury in case of deployment during a collision'

it then goes on to explain how to fit a child seat! talk about mixed messages :bangin:

I was surprised the Z doesn't have a disable passenger airbag switch, I rented a Pug 307cc while on holiday (it was the only convertible they had!) and that had one... I guess Nissan think all Z owners will be single men on the pull who will be forced to sell their pride and joy when they get married/have kids anyway.

I was surprised the Z doesn't have a disable passenger airbag switch, I rented a Pug 307cc while on holiday (it was the only convertible they had!) and that had one... I guess Nissan think all Z owners will be single men on the pull who will be forced to sell their pride and joy when they get married/have kids anyway.

Thinking about it - couldn't you pull the airbag fuse? I assume the driver & passenger airbags are the same fuse though so you may want to add your own passenger airbag switch for when the kids in the car? Shouldn't be too hard (although hard to test I guess ;P). The Pug used the car key to disable it (key switch in armrest) which would be nice but maybe over complicating it.

Sorry hon....but it stopped you thinking about it didn't it?!

Then again if you're JDM - you have no side airbag.....so :shrug: up to you if you want to have her out with you in the zed really

Christ Chris!! :scare: Noooooooooooooooooo - if your side airbag went off she'd be decapitated! Don't even think about it :shrug:

ouch, thanks for that Vik. You could have put it a bit less morbidly :dry::lol:

So I'm back to square one again :thumbdown:

It's legal but not recommended, that sucks.

i was unlucky enough to see the seat airbag deploy and then deployed! :bang:

1st. Its tiny. think of the side of the back of the seat about 2" thick and horizontal. T i n y

2nd. It destroys more things for what it actually does. door card, back of the seat, airbag and module etc. total price to replace as much as a limb...if not more!

3rd. The only injury was a bruise on my passengers arm FROM the side airbag. Useless

4th. if you v got a child seat fixed (not the bottom bit only) that side airbag will be far from the seat and the child. There is no way it can injure the child

I cant comment on what could happen when you are only using the bottom cushion on older kids or what would happen if the front airbag got deployed as i havent seen the front airbag opening on the Zed (thank god). But in regards to the side airbag....just forget your car has even got one. :dry: