Any Ideas?

spursmaddave

My 'other' car is nearing the end of its Warranty so I'm wondering if I should keep or trade...

Its a 57 plate Seat Leon FR TDI, few cosmetic mods nothing mechanical.

Its done 34k in almost 3 years and I bought it originally to commute weekends from Somerset to London, but ended up moving to London 3 months after I bought it :headhurt:

My current commute is 18miles and I work nights its on dual carriageway and motorway with little or no traffic so more often than not I use the Z, I have to use the Z every other week anyway as my missus also works nights.

It's not the most econimical for a diesel, it probably averages 35ish mpg around town and 45ish mpg on the motorways but.... it is a rocket! In gear it is easily as quick as the Z and although the ride is pretty harsh it handles like a train on tracks.

So really I have the best of both worlds, just me and the missus but if we need a couple of extra seats we can take the Leon, but most of the time we take the Z (even shopping :blush: )

I can't think of anything anything I would rather have than the Leon (size, looks, practicality & economy) I DON'T want an AUDI or BMW and it has to be a small hatchback for the missus to drive to work :lol:

Any idea's what I could look at?

Hatchback

Diesel

Decent looking

Sporty

Good Handling / Economy etc

Not sure what the Leon is worth but would be looking at similar maybe a slight upgrade...

I had the money for a new Golf but I went for the Leon (which is 40% VW, 50% AUDI & 10% SEAT crappy plastic :blush: )

I don't like to follow the trend, so no Audi BMW or VW badges... The only Honda that maybe fits is the Civic diesel which is 2.2l I believe but I really don't like the look of it with that HUGE plastic bit that runs around it :scare:

the leon is a good car but if you have too change, id get a honda civic 2.2 diesel type s. you can remap them for approx £400 and get 200bhp with loads of torque. and as for the plastic bits which are horrendous the type s has the same grille as the typre r and looks much better

i had a civic type s with the 2.2 diesel, was a great car and run around, really liked the dash, loads of pull, and i used to get 55mpg out of it when i was doing big commuting. think i got 60 mpg once or twice.

very comfy, and when remapped it becomes a beast.

Got an easy answer for you matey. If you want 4 seats ..... Buy another zed ;)

Would avoid the golf crazy money for what you get nowadays. My friend swears by the sporty focuses but all depends on taste. For value and performance Leon is hard to beat. Mind you if the name doesn't put you off sporty skodas are supposed to be awesome. Cheap interior though.

Only done 34k on a diesel? I would not bother changing it. Sounds to me you have the car you want already :shrug:

Yeah but I've only been driving 4 years and have got a new car each year... :blush:

2006 - 53 Mazda 6

2007 - 57 Leon

2008 - 55 Hyundai Coupe

2009 - 54 Z

2010 - :shrug:

You're going to waste a ton of money on depreciation if you insist on having a new car every year for the rest of your life. Just keep the Leon, it does everthing you need and it sounds like you like it. :shrug:

if you can wait 6 months or so the new 2011 astra sporthatch looks sexy as!!

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=22446

post-6147-135011892423_thumb.jpg

i had the old sporthatch xp in glacier white and it was gorgeous. i was a bit of a snob against vauxhalls until i had that but i didnt want to give it back in the end. ive had the new 2010 astra sri 5dr aswell and the interior is now vastly improved(the only thing that let the old shape down)

Only done 34k on a diesel? I would not bother changing it. Sounds to me you have the car you want already :shrug:

Yeah but I've only been driving 4 years and have got a new car each year... :blush:

2006 - 53 Mazda 6

2007 - 57 Leon

2008 - 55 Hyundai Coupe

2009 - 54 Z

2010 - :shrug:

You're going to waste a ton of money on depreciation if you insist on having a new car every year for the rest of your life. Just keep the Leon, it does everthing you need and it sounds like you like it. :shrug:

Yeah to be honest I haven't seen anything that makes me want to change, that's why I was asking...

The Leon has been great, one engine light in 3 years which was an exhaust sensor easily sorted other than that no problems at all. Low rent interior but I have made it look a bit better imo and the missus likes it better than her old 1L Punto :lol: