Colour coded Engine cover

bartman

i was bored with my engine cover didnt really want a carbon one so i had a few days of work and thought i would colour code it, sprayed it in azure blue and then gave it a silver metal flake in the first clear coat then clear coated over to smooth it come out pretty well

in primer

15092010061.jpg

in base

15092010063.jpg

metal flaked and clear coated

15092010065.jpg

15092010066.jpg

just got to flat it back and polish it now get some more pics when its fitted

looks good but why didnt you just wait and post up all the pics together :p , i bet i miss how this look fitted now :(

had to wait for paint to harden and im at work today so will fit it tomorrow polished my manifold too can't help myself just love modding too much

looks good but why didnt you just wait and post up all the pics together :p , i bet i miss how this look fitted now :(

had to wait for paint to harden and im at work today so will fit it tomorrow polished my manifold too can't help myself just love modding too much

fair enough, i will keep an eye out for the results :thumbs:

Looks great. I'm new to detailing and modding when you say you need to FLAT IT BACK what do you mean? and how?

i have sprayed the clear coat which i gave 5 it coats which is thick this is to allow for sufficent covering for the metalflake the paint has a slight ripple effect no matter how good you are at spraying your never get it perfectly flat so i will use some 1200 grit wet and dry witha flat rubbing block and ruub the flat areas and do the curves by hand this will flatten it out giving it a flatter look and more shine then i'll use Farcela G3 compound to remove scratches and give it a polish and a wax