Newbie - Hopeful Buy

Gentle

Hi folks,

I am currently on the hunt for a 350Z.

I'm not totally sure what I should be looking for but I have a rough idea what I want.

Not overly fussed on colour (but not keen on sunset orange)

Preferably Leather interior, Bose system, under 50k miles, around £10k.

What do you think of this one? http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201035367023300/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/350_z/make/nissan/radius/60/postcode/eh268hw/quicksearch/true/page/1?logcode=p

Thanks very much,

Ben.

hi and welcome,

that car has neither leather or bose, and not sure I like the wheels but that's personal choice. There's plenty around to look at though, and loads of info on the forum to help you decide what you want

Welcome Ben :welcome:

What you are are looking for that one has none of it only has half leather and no Bose sound system it's also cheap because it's a Japanese import and in my opinion would steer clear. If you want all the extras look to buy a UK model it should have all what your after although you may have to pay a tad higher it's a buyers market at the moment so don't rush into anything and have a good look around and get advise on here. :thumbs:

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies. Wasn't a good start eh! haha.

I'm struggling to find what I'm after near Edinburgh, even if I went up to £15k and travelling up to 100 miles away!

Don't want to rush into a sale, made that mistake last time I bought a car and didn't get a great deal.

Ben.

If you want all the extras look to buy a UK model it should have all what your after

Only if it's a GT - the "Standard" UK model doesn't have either of those

all UK cars have Headlamp washers so use that as initial guide to the cars origins.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

Thanks very much everyone :thumbs:

So, I should stay away from the Jap import ones?

Anything else I should be looking for?

Seen some more cars

Silver

Blue

Black

Cheers,

Ben.

Please correct me if i'm wrong guys!

There are 3 models of the ZED that i'm led to believe, 03 - 55 plate are the originals, 06 - 08 are the second models as the 55 and below had a few problems with a main one being the clutch... and the 08 onwards, not too sure on these..

IMO spend a bit more and get a newer model. the ZED's hold their value quite well!

Seen some more cars

Silver

Blue

Black

Cheers,

Ben.

Please correct me if i'm wrong guys!

There are 3 models of the ZED that i'm led to believe, 03 - 55 plate are the originals, 06 - 08 are the second models as the 55 and below had a few problems with a main one being the clutch... and the 08 onwards, not too sure on these..

IMO spend a bit more and get a newer model. the ZED's hold their value quite well!

There are three model years (MY) of the 350Z.

MY03 (or 02 if import) being the 280ps first release.

MY06 which has 300ps and a redesigned front bumper and could of bits on the interior

MY07 which has the 'speed hump' bonnet, 318ps (IIRC)

Known issues can be seen in the FAQ and warranty issues. No clutch issues on any of the MYs as far as I know, and no one MY that has anything noticeable between them really. The latest was the only one that was meant to actually be any quicker as the MY06 was actually heavier apparently.

As for what to buy, get to see them and drive them and go with a list of checks and you'll be fine. :thumbs:

There is 6 different factory jdm models & 1 uk models,not including the 3 age revisions,prob be told im wrong i think that means there are 18 different factory cars,ive got a uk car but ive had 2 imports& imo the imports are better value for money just look for the low milage high spec ones.

Seen some more cars

Silver

Blue

Black

Cheers,

Ben.

:welcome:

If I remember rightly

Silver has been discussed before on another thread - The stick on halford 'V6' badge says it all on that one (plus its Cat D) http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40628

Black has also been recently discussed - might be worth asking this guy why he didn't buy - http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40997

:bangin: What's that in my sig then - I'll let you off this time :lol:

not a bad price from a dealer,think its an import,your get a great car for 10k but you wont get a 313,54,05 & 55 low miles and all the toys wilkl be in your budget.

No, should be a black 05 plate for £12995.

It was really nice, the guy said it was a GT though?

It was from the Nissan garage down here, getting a full years warranty with it too. It is a bit more than I planned on paying, he only offered me £2750 for my 190 part-ex. I think I might sell it privately, surely should get about £4k for it?!

The car was totally immaculate though, it only had one previous owner who was apparently an older guy who traded it in for a GT-R.

They had some newer ones I really liked but £425 tax per year is a bit too steep for me!!!

Ben.

No, should be a black 05 plate for £12995.

It was really nice, the guy said it was a GT though?

It was from the Nissan garage down here, getting a full years warranty with it too. It is a bit more than I planned on paying, he only offered me £2750 for my 190 part-ex. I think I might sell it privately, surely should get about £4k for it?!

The car was totally immaculate though, it only had one previous owner who was apparently an older guy who traded it in for a GT-R.

They had some newer ones I really liked but £425 tax per year is a bit too steep for me!!!

Ben.

nice colour :lol: imo 2k to much money,whatever you go for there great moters and welcome :thumbs: