Exhaust/Decat Question.

Tricky-Ricky

There are posts on here with sound clips of de-cat with stock,its a very cheap mod & i think it gives you up to 10bhp gains but im told its much louder & not a clean sound,thought about it myself but due to the sound im getting abbey to sort it out,more money,same gains but most important to me not much loader than stock.

I already have a true dual system, IE the HKS look alike, it gives a nice sound to the exhaust, and not at all loud at idle and lower RPM driving, goes a bit louder at hight RPM, but not what i would call really loud, so i am just wondering if i go decat with this exhaust would it end up too loud?

Video clips would be good as well as experience opinions, but I'm not interested in how decats sound with a single pipe exhaust, as its a different sound altogether.

How would we know if its too loud for you?

The only things you can do in this situation is 1) hope tgat someone locally has the exact setup that you want or 2) take a chance & fit them & then sell them on if you dont like.

OK lets try a different tack on this, has anyone got, or have a link to a sound clip of a true duel system with decats fitted? :)

Each exhaust will sound different as will the variety of decats available. I refer you to my previous reply ;)

Also a video wont really show the increase & if its just a vid of it revving it wont sound like that under load

True duals seem to have much less noise than single pipes particularly when you add decats.

I changed from high flow Cats to reasonated decats recently on my Invidia True dual and the difference is hardly noticeable.

However on my last Zed when I put reasonated decats and Y pipe on the RSR exhaust you couldn't hear yourself think.

Re Decats - reasonated is def the way to go - less noise and vibration.

True duals seem to have much less noise than single pipes particularly when you add decats.

I changed from high flow Cats to reasonated decats recently on my Invidia True dual and the difference is hardly noticeable.

However on my last Zed when I put reasonated decats and Y pipe on the RSR exhaust you couldn't hear yourself think.

Re Decats - reasonated is def the way to go - less noise and vibration.

Thanks for that, just what i needed to hear, from somebody who actually has first hand experience of true dual system with decats :)

I was surprised just how quiet my system was when i fitted it.

Got a 3" true dual with 3.5" decats. Its very loud :scare: , especially when cruising around and only using some throttle. I think these decats add a lot of sound, as they are huge and not resonated.

However it sounds nuts when your going for it B)

I have a custom 2.5" single exhaust on my Fiat coupe, and when i added a 2.5" downpipe to it, it hardly added any sound as it was resonated and also smaller diameter.

So basically dont go to big and make sure they are resonated (and good quality).