Who else feels like they're off roading???

Tay

Is it just me or does it feel like you're driving in a field in some off road vehicle?

the roads are pants and getting worse...

Where are you based mate?

Im in london and the roads couldnt be worse.... potholes everywhere... crappy repairs that break up and create larger potholes once it gets cold... I find it hard to get a decent road where there are no flaws in the work done... it may have something to do with the 10k a day damages if the roadworks company are late on completion! Saying that i quite like the firm ride of the Z, not too hard but feels as if your in a sports car, i quite enjoy hard suspension, but not like the GTR, god that is awful to drive on bad roads... 20" wheels with runflats and extreme suspension = :bounce::bounce:

It was the bad winter thats really made it noticable. All the little nooks and crannies filled up with ice and burst the tarmac.

The road to our house is back breaking now! Looks like we'll have to wait until Feb/March when all the local authorities have to get their budget spend........low and behold up springs roadworks in every direction.

One reason my BMW Z4 went, the RFT (runflats) were a nightmare on our roads, the car would tramline, skip and jump all over the place. Although hard the 350Z is a very smooth ride and great at cruising.

I couldn't agree more..i had a E93 325iSE before, and the rides are firm and harsh. Run flat tyres get a thumbs down from me :thumbdown::yuck:

Is it just me or does it feel like you're driving in a field in some off road vehicle?

Where are you based mate?

Im in london and the roads couldnt be worse.... potholes everywhere... crappy repairs that break up and create larger potholes once it gets cold... I find it hard to get a decent road where there are no flaws in the work done... it may have something to do with the 10k a day damages if the roadworks company are late on completion! Saying that i quite like the firm ride of the Z, not too hard but feels as if your in a sports car, i quite enjoy hard suspension, but not like the GTR, god that is awful to drive on bad roads... 20" wheels with runflats and extreme suspension = :bounce::bounce:

I'm in yeovil, somerset. I bounce around so much sometimes that my foot keep moving up and down on the accelerator pedal and i feel like a fool when driving. I have to take my foot off and let it slow down before carrying on. People stop and look, so embarrassing. Some of the roads are so bad and potholes so deep that i have to cross the line on the road just to avoid them.

There are even big potholes on the M5 and M6 now. It's feel horrible when you hit one at speed.

After coming back to the UK after my European trip, it was even more noticable. The roads even in the mountains are fresh, well marked and showing no signs of wear!

Minimal road works, wide open motorways, clearly marked, with less traffic. You can really put your foot down on some of the roads they are that smooth. So smooth that you'd think you were driving on butter!

I landed back at Harwich and the A road heading away from Harwich was full of potholes, bumps, cracks, poorly lit, terrible road markings and unsafe unmarked bends!!

Considering how much money we pour into the government which is related to motoring is obscene!!

If the Europeans can get it right, even up the mountains, why can't we. This country is slowly going down the pan... Roads, Pensions, Taxation, Health, Schools, Drunks, unemployed (those that are lazy), benefit scams... the list could go on..... This country sucks!! The only thing I can say the UK is good for is a Curry!! :angry::rant::angry::rant::angry::rant::angry::rant::angry::rant: (I think I feel better now)

After coming back to the UK after my European trip, it was even more noticable. The roads even in the mountains are fresh, well marked and showing no signs of wear!

Minimal road works, wide open motorways, clearly marked, with less traffic. You can really put your foot down on some of the roads they are that smooth. So smooth that you'd think you were driving on butter!

I landed back at Harwich and the A road heading away from Harwich was full of potholes, bumps, cracks, poorly lit, terrible road markings and unsafe unmarked bends!!

Considering how much money we pour into the government which is related to motoring is obscene!!

If the Europeans can get it right, even up the mountains, why can't we. This country is slowly going down the pan... Roads, Pensions, Taxation, Health, Schools, Drunks, unemployed (those that are lazy), benefit scams... the list could go on..... This country sucks!! The only thing I can say the UK is good for is a Curry!! :angry::rant::angry::rant::angry::rant::angry::rant::angry::rant: (I think I feel better now)

LOL and most places can't even get a curry right!.

The problem is that Britain is actually broke but won't admit it cause it'll make the whole double dip recession worse than they are predicting. I read something in the news recently about some councils switching off streetlights at night. Now you won't even be able to spot the potholes from a distance if you're driving along at night.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11209143

Can you be a bit more precise please? Also what year is your car (yes I'm being lazy & not searching your first post)? The year of the car has a bearing due to suspension changes etc, etc.

Can you be a bit more precise please? Also what year is your car (yes I'm being lazy & not searching your first post)? The year of the car has a bearing due to suspension changes etc, etc.

second half of the year 2006. it's not a comment about the car. the point of this post was to find out how bad the roads are and how bad it can be to drive the Z on them. When the roads are smoooooothh and there are still one or two fortunately (A36 leading into bath for example, a few really nice bends with a combination of good road surface) then the Z is a exceptionally good ride.

It is literally when you get a few yards of very crap road and the car bounces around, your foot keeps coming off and on to the accelerator pedal do i think, what a crap time to buy a sports car.

Couldn't agree more with Wasso, I travel extensively throughout Europe in the summer, last year 3.5k miles and 4k miles this year, it's an absolute joy for the most part although try and get into Monte Carlo at rush hour :thumbdown: .

Anyway, if the road at the top of the Stelvio can be kept, for the most part, serviceable and they suffer far harsher extremes EVERY YEAR, you'd think that some sea level roads in the UK could be kept in reasonable nick when compared.

Even right through the Pyrannese all the mountain roads were superb. We suffer from lack of investment in the UK and unfortunately, we won WW2 and with the help of the Yanks, destroyed most of Europes infrastructure, and with that, the sneaky French and Germans have had the UK pay for their road/rail infrastructure ever since :rant:

The roads in Europe are so much better due to the whole "fine" thing they have going...

i.e. if you dig the road up... and don't put it back to 100% smooth standard, then the council goes, digs it back up again, makes it perfectly smooth, then bills the company a @*!# load for fixing their shoddy workmenship .

If they don't pay, they never get the licence to dig up the roads in the area again!

THAT is how we should do it!

Driving through the A/B roads in France, all the roads are black... with loads of blue, green and red tarmac patches... but they are ALL perfectly smooth...

second half of the year 2006. it's not a comment about the car. the point of this post was to find out how bad the roads are and how bad it can be to drive the Z on them. When the roads are smoooooothh and there are still one or two fortunately (A36 leading into bath for example, a few really nice bends with a combination of good road surface) then the Z is a exceptionally good ride.

It is literally when you get a few yards of very crap road and the car bounces around, your foot keeps coming off and on to the accelerator pedal do i think, what a crap time to buy a sports car.

Must be some particularly bad patches round your way, i have never been on a section of road where the Z is bucked around that badly. It was a common occurence on my MINI Cooper S.

Must be some particularly bad patches round your way, i have never been on a section of road where the Z is bucked around that badly. It was a common occurence on my MINI Cooper S.

Yup some incredibly bad patches, road surface is properly bumpy like it was underwater while setting. i've seen smoother dunes in a desert.

The other crappy element which just makes your ears bleed from the noise is those long stretches where the road surface has worn away and not been repaired, with no sign of being repaired either. For those in the south west, the back road going into Bath, and the small sections of road on the 359 infront of the entrance to the farms.