Ariel Atom V8 unveiled

Husky

Neck brace anyone?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArtic ... om/252598/

Ariel-Atom-79101043591201600x1060.jpg

some notable bits:

The Atom V8 uses a US-built, 3.0-litre, 32-valve Hartley V8 engine, originally developed from two Suzuki motorcycle engines grafted together

^^^ :teeth:

the V8 is redlined at 16,500rpm

^^^ :scare::scare::scare:

use same six-speed sequential Sadev gearbox. Capable of flat-shifting

the suspension arms are made in aerofoil-section chrome-molybdenum tubing

:notworthy:

I thought these had been around for a while,saw one parked up in Banbury earlier in the year,was an awesome looking thing. Cant imagine much being quicker,it must fly.

Sorry,didnt want to stamp on your thread,just was just being informative. :headhurt:

atoms ave been around for a fair while now yes, however (if memory serves) they use a honda civic engine but supercharged and tuned. And yes they are already stupidly quick!

And so expensive that they'll only be bought by the elite few, and then locked up and never tracked as they don't want to damage their investment :(

Nice piece of engineering, but miles too quick to be of any real use unless you can afford to hire an entire track to yourself. A GT3RS would be a considerably better buy.

Yes they do use the civic engine,in 2 states of tune i think,one supercharged,one not.

Did you ever see the price of the V8 Atom? I think it was stupidly high,like £100k or something. Would be immense round a track though.

And so expensive that they'll only be bought by the elite few, and then locked up and never tracked as they don't want to damage their investment :(

Nice piece of engineering, but miles too quick to be of any real use unless you can afford to hire an entire track to yourself. A GT3RS would be a considerably better buy.

The Atom V8 goes on sale early next year, priced at £150,000. Only 25 will be made.

Or a stripped,caged and supercharged 350z.......

The Atom V8 goes on sale early next year, priced at £150,000. Only 25 will be made.

My point exactly.

Or a stripped,caged and supercharged 350z.......

You'd have to be stark raving bonkers to consider a 350Z of any kind over a 997 RS.

I don't doubt it would be fun, but it wouldn't see which way an RS went on track. Pound for pound, the RS would be more practical as a track toy than the Atom.

Last time I was at Castle Combe an old fellah in a red GT3 RS was out and about.

Overtook him about 3 times during the day. What a bloody waste of money. :rant: I wanted to go over and wrench the keys out of his hands but c'est la vie.