Nissan Rear Park Sensors

AlexZ

Hi all, I've been looking at rear parking sensor kits for a while. What I would like if someone could help is an image of the original Nissan parking sensors for there location on the rear bumper. I've been given a few fitting guides from members on the forum and it seem some tell you to fit the sensors different to others. I would like to fit them in the same location as Nissan to look original if poss. :thumbs:

Thanks Alex

I may be wrong but I don't think parking sensors were ever a Nissan option. They were a dealer fit option and different dealers used different kits. My car came with them but one sensor didn't work and they were black. I brought a cisbo kit of eBay cheap for 18 pound that is pretty much exactly the same as the kit it replaced, works in the same way too.

I'd be quite interested to know how the electromagnetic sensors perform on a Zed, at work we fitted some to a Z4M and the kit didn't work that well - whilst it did detect objects it only picked them up when they were very close to the car.

I guess it could have been a cheap kit and I imagine that the material of the bumper and also the paint (if metallic) could also skew the performance? All guesses mind I could be wrong :)

They sound good in theory though - I'd like some sensors fitted too as my parallel parking skills are not all that :lol:

I'd be quite interested to know how the electromagnetic sensors perform on a Zed, at work we fitted some to a Z4M and the kit didn't work that well - whilst it did detect objects it only picked them up when they were very close to the car.

I guess it could have been a cheap kit and I imagine that the material of the bumper and also the paint (if metallic) could also skew the performance? All guesses mind I could be wrong :)

They sound good in theory though - I'd like some sensors fitted too as my parallel parking skills are not all that :lol:

Greekman has fitted some, I believe ;)

Thanks for all the feed back guys. I've got a set from work and had them painted. Removed the bumper this afternoon and marked out all the sensor positions. I started with a pilot hole for the hole saw in all four sensor locations then used the wrong size hole saw for the first sensor lol.... :rant::bang: I have to laugh or i'll cry. The sensor just drops stright through lol... :bang:

I now need a second hand Blade Silver bumper and start again with the correct hole saw. I just picked the wrong one up, god knows what I was thinking and bosh MASSIVE HOLE.

Learning curve I guess...

If anyone has a Blade Silver bumper or knows of anyone who's selling one please let me know asap.

alex@mikesel.info

Thanks Alex

Bloody hell mate, feel for you, hope you get it sorted soon. :bangin:

Thanks for all the feed back guys. I've got a set from work and had them painted. Removed the bumper this afternoon and marked out all the sensor positions. I started with a pilot hole for the hole saw in all four sensor locations then used the wrong size hole saw for the first sensor lol.... :rant::bang: I have to laugh or i'll cry. The sensor just drops stright through lol... :bang:

I now need a second hand Blade Silver bumper and start again with the correct hole saw. I just picked the wrong one up, god knows what I was thinking and bosh MASSIVE HOLE.

Learning curve I guess...

If anyone has a Blade Silver bumper or knows of anyone who's selling one please let me know asap.

alex@mikesel.info

Thanks Alex