What's with the cardboard policemen?

HEADPHONES

My local Sainsbury's petrol station have this life sized cardboard copper in the cashier's window.

If this is to deter people knicking petrol they must think petrol thieves are all short sighted with the memory of a goldfish :wacko:

Are these new high tech "scarecrow coppers" patrolling anyone elses neighbourhood :lol:

The police over here tried something similar a few years back at road black spots/serial serious accident sites. They put up cardboard cut outs of police cars or a policeman with the Hawk radar detector. It worked, slowed people down.

The police over here tried something similar a few years back at road black spots/serial serious accident sites. They put up cardboard cut outs of police cars or a policeman with the Hawk radar detector. It worked, slowed people down.

Good idea. I bet they'd be more visible than our live police with radar guns.....

Not seen this before.

Good idea. I bet they'd be more visible than our live police with radar guns.....

Not seen this before.

They did it in the nineties on the M6 with cardboard Rangies...