Free(ish) Money!

evest

This isn't a scam or anything, not clever enough for all that! It's more of a pointless ramble about how to make very little money, but I'm lonely and I just love the principle of it...

Scratchcards... for once the small print is worth reading.

Example:

You get scratch card in newspaper (usually from a company called Purely Creative). You throw in bin (sorry, recycle).

or

you scratch or panels to find you have three monkeys, or whatever. Wow - big win! Probably not. To find out you have to ring number or send text. You get text back 3-4 times costing £1.50 a go, or equivalent phone call. So it costs you about £9 to find out you have won a minimum of £10. Minus cost of stamp to send claim (2nd class =30p). Not worth it.

Profit = 70p

BUT

Read small print, write letter to company asking for claim number. Wait one month, get claim number, fill in card, send back. Wait one month, get cheque for £10. Bank. Minus cost of 2 or 3 stamps.

Profit = c. £9

Plus they even send you more scratch cards so you don't even have to buy a paper! I do this on a rolling basis and bag around £50 a year.

People don't do this because they don't have the patience to find out if they have won or can't be bother to write a letter.

I have patience. One day, three monkeys WILL buy me turbo. :yahoo:

i've done this, and got an uncut emarald and a weekend in bogna.

i didn't take up the weekend as i'm sure there would be some major catches.

and the mearld is worth very little unless you spend a lot of money getting it cut into something worth wearing :lol:

I wonder how many people win a grand a year?

I reckon I could think of 20 low effort ways to make £50.

#2 Join YouGov - fill in enough 5-10 min surveys and get a cheque for £50.

18 to go!

marry a good woman ........... maybe 2 .......... or 3 even ................ send them out to work

sit back and count the money :snack:

17 to go

you know you are actually not making free money as you are selling them your details they then sell onto marketing companies... the only ones making profit are these companies. If you dont care about your details being sold im sure there are companies that will actually pay you cash for your details.

There are far better ways of making yourself actual free money in your day to day life. You would probably love this site www.moneysavingexpert.com great forum on there too :thumbs:

Hmm... interesting point, although I haven't had any issues with marketing or junk mail etc... Not that bothered about the money itself to be honest - rather the satisfaction of 'beating the house'.

Fully agree with your second point though! :)