Detailing Recommendations

Bockaaarck

Guys,

I'm keen to get my car professionally detailed and I'm looking for some recommendations from people about detailers which have carried out work on their vehicles. I've had a good look around and I know we have some guys on the forum doing really great work.

My only concern is that I'm based in Bath and I have been struggling to find anyone close to me who I can find firm recommendations for. Also I don't have a garage or drive or even the facility to practically supply power and water. Below is my red Zed which I would like to have done

circuszeds.jpg

Any recommendations or advice gratefully received guys

Do it yourself!!!!

Cost me about £150 to buy EVERYTHING for a full detail. I reckon I've done abot 3 full ones, 5 medium ones and 10-15 full washes/waxes in the past 12 months and have only just started running out of stuff.

You'll need:

2 buckets

Lambswool mitt

Shampoo

Clay bar and lubricant

Paint cleaner

Polish

Wax

6 microfibres

1 drying towell

Sandpaper (for pipes)

Chrome polish

Stratch X

Glass cleaner

Rain X

Wheel cleaner

Washing-up brush (for rims)

Tyre dressing

Sponge (for under rims and sides)

APC (if you want to do engine bay)

Leather cleaner (if you've got it!)

http://www.camskill.co.uk I've found is cheapest. Buy Meguiars as a good (without being mentally expensive) product.

A good 4 stage clean (wash twice, polish, wax, Rain X, wheels and pipes polished, tyres dressed) takes me about 4 hours. The "biggie" is an all day job.

I like cleaning cars so if you want to buy the stuff, we'll do it together!

Guys,

I'm keen to get my car professionally detailed and I'm looking for some recommendations from people about detailers which have carried out work on their vehicles. I've had a good look around and I know we have some guys on the forum doing really great work.

My only concern is that I'm based in Bath and I have been struggling to find anyone close to me who I can find firm recommendations for. Also I don't have a garage or drive or even the facility to practically supply power and water. Below is my red Zed which I would like to have done

circuszeds.jpg

Be happy to help out.

I can bring water and power in my van so thats not a problem.

All I'd need is for you to make sure it doesnt rain, and I dont get run over :#1:

If you want to see examples of my work do a bit of digging on this forum and also DW in the Studio section

Best wishes

Tim

Wooo Captain, that's one hell of a list of goodies, I'll take a look online at camskill ;). Thanks for letting me know that getting to Bath is do-able for you Tim, much appreciated. I've got some budgeting and more research to do I think.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

Wooo Captain, that's one hell of a list of goodies, I'll take a look online at camskill ;). Thanks for letting me know that getting to Bath is do-able for you Tim, much appreciated. I've got some budgeting and more research to do I think.

Research!! To buy some buckets and polish. :scare:

No wonder you work in IT. :lol::lol:

It's all about buying the right buckets and polish! I spent ages researching the best products to use after I bought the zed, they do keep it looking nice and clean though so it was worth it.

Guys,

circuszeds.jpg

That's already looking pretty shiny! Just keep doing what you're doing!

Oi! :boxing:

cheeky bleeder :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
The foamy fountain seems to be an annual event in Bath, it normally happens just after the uni students return from their holidays but I'm sure that's just a coincidence...

Once did this to a fountain inside a shopping centre as a "protest" against, er, well I can't remember, in Taunton.

Used industrial foam, and an indelible dye. Because of CCTV cameras etc. the main "urban terrorist" dressed as an old man with beard and dropped about a gallon of the stuff in to the fountain. The rest of us acted as look-outs and distractors.

We over-did the foam because the fountain foamed to about 15 ft in the air with a mauve suds.The council had to drain it and clean it at a cost of "thousands" according to them.

I'm sure this led to the overthrow of Thatcher 10 years later. :lol::lol:

The foamy fountain seems to be an annual event in Bath, it normally happens just after the uni students return from their holidays but I'm sure that's just a coincidence...

[GrumpyOldManModeOn]Bloody students!.....[/GrumpyOldManModeOff] :lol:

I was actually a student there recently, just not one of the ones involved in playing with the fountain. But, yes, bloody students!