350Z Vs. M3 Vs. DC5 Integra Type-R

narcotix

Just wanted to get some opinions on this ...

After a couple of beverages last weekend I got into a conversation with some friends about how these three cars would fair up against each other in a straight line ...

My Zed is completely standard and so is my friends M3 ... The Integra has had a bit of work done to it but nothing that would give it a lot of extra BHP...

Obviously we all think our cars are the most likely to win LoL ...

I've been checking the 0-60 times for all of the above and it looks like the M3 is about half a second quicker than the Zed ... and the 350Z is about 1.2 seconds quicker than the Integra ...

So if we were to line up ... is that what the most likely outcome?

I just did some searches on Youtube and it looks like it'll be very close between the M3 and 350Z ...

The Integra should be quite far behind which is the main thing as it's that friend who won't stop talking about how Brilliant his car is .. LoL

:lol:

They would all be very close times, but it depends on the driver. The Integra being the lightest would be most nimble and the easiest to set off from the line. The power of the Z and M3 would then either keep up or overtake the Integra.

If the Z or M3 have flying starts the Integra has no chance.

I have a simular race with a mate of mine in a Civic Type R. The differences are that he is 100bhp lesser powered, yet is 55 stone lighter than my car. That's like his car with 3 full sized blokes in the car. He is quick don't get me wrong, but if I drive the car properly then I will always have the upper hand. He has the ability to rev the nuts out of his car i.e. 9k revs, but then I have the torque in which to keep up or over take.

Before I had my modifications we were pretty much neck and neck - although just managing to pull away slowly. It would be a different story from 70mph onwards.

Since my modifications he's left standing so I'm pretty much happy.

To confirm there is a 0.6 second difference per the book 0-60 between me and him. It doesn't sound a great deal and if you were to visualize this on a track - there would be maybe 1 car length or so difference.

So the answer to your question is, it's all down to the driver! If that be the case the M3 should win, Zed second and Integra last.

the integra is an amazing weapon nevertheless. modified on a track you dont have to be the stig to be very very quick. unlike the other 2.

Very true and I did agree with my mate on that one ...

But it's the straight line speed that sparked off the conversation ...

He's currently getting a new engine dropped in and wants to test the theory soon though .. LoL

the integra is an amazing weapon nevertheless. modified on a track you dont have to be the stig to be very very quick. unlike the other 2.

He's currently getting a new engine dropped in and wants to test the theory soon though .. LoL

If there was money on the drag race i wouldnt bet on the zed even if its a whole second faster to 60. i have missed second gear a few times making a fool of myself. haha ;)

If there was money on the drag race i wouldnt bet on the zed even if its a whole second faster to 60. i have missed second gear a few times making a fool of myself. haha ;)

Haha priceless....always happens when you need to win aswell... :thumbs:

where have u been hiding mate? not seen you on this in a while...

that happened to me drag racing a 200sx, second time though he got destroyed..

where have u been hiding mate? not seen you on this in a while...

that happened to me drag racing a 200sx, second time though he got destroyed..

haha i am glad i am not the only one.

tweaking the zed m8 and getting ready for donington park on the 10th of september. again with the evo boys ;)

lol thats me finally getting comfortable on the track, done a couple of lessons and a couple of trackdays. Getting alot quicker lol but still not liking the rain....

what you been tweaking, have you got a set of bombproof brakes and clutch fitted lmao..??? please tell

btw guys on the track the m3 would blitz the zed and in a straight line it beats the zed....

as for the teg, its fast in corners, not as quick on pulling out of them if it loses speed as its got feck all torque unless its getting its hole ripped.. my mates got a dc5 running stainless headers, and buddy club exhaust, its probs as quick as the zed from standing, but nowhere near as quick at the top end.

lol thats me finally getting comfortable on the track, done a couple of lessons and a couple of trackdays. Getting alot quicker lol but still not liking the rain....

what you been tweaking, have you got a set of bombproof brakes and clutch fitted lmao..??? please tell

btw guys on the track the m3 would blitz the zed and in a straight line it beats the zed....

as for the teg, its fast in corners, not as quick on pulling out of them if it loses speed as its got feck all torque unless its getting its hole ripped.. my mates got a dc5 running stainless headers, and buddy club exhaust, its probs as quick as the zed from standing, but nowhere near as quick at the top end.

brakes seem bullet proof now dude thanks to Alex and some good old fashioned engineering. ;)

now that you are comfy on the track you v got to come down to cadwell park with me!!! and you ll see that unless its an m3 csl, an m3 (not the v8 ones as i never had the honor) are no match for the zed hehe

you are thinking of the m3s at knockhill stripped out and with roll cages and that. he is talking about a normal m3.

as for the tweaks...more bracings, different front camber, oil can spacer and another visit to the rolling road now with the different bumper/filters/air ducts.

radical changes early-middle 2011 ;)

Lol I'd lve to come down but cars of the road for winter at the end of august. Was gonna strip it and get it ready for show season but I'm gonna strip it and get it track ready. Need to get new suspension and better pads and discs now. Can't wait now. Looking for a trailer.

No wonder the m3's are no match for ur zed, I've never seen anyone brake so late lol I was sh1tting myself. Tried to copy your style but got plenty of fade lol

You trying to copy my front camber lol?

definatly confirm the aoe having raced on both draga nd track agasint alot of hondas over the weekend , teg will be quicker in the twistys due to light weight but as soona sit slows downt hey cant pull out , stright up drag teg is mig 14's , z low 14's to just in to 13.9 lightyl modded ace driver and i tihnk the m3 is just bit less so good river could win out in either vs average joe.

as for track vs tuned civic im sure he'l on later (cant remember your name sorry) one our boys rather wound out a mate of mine on sunday .. very modded civic (coily's , brakes , stripped , 260bhp and some suspension tweaks) , couldnt loose the Z !

faster in one the more open bits but gets ahmmerd out of hairpins , evenin i found thatas a novice the Z pulls out fomr low speed bends so well.

Yup, but it won't make much of a difference really. Manual or SMG?

An M3 is quicker full stop than a Zed in a straight line or on track, but then it costs more so fair enough really. DC5 will be hamstrung by FWD for straight line launches, will be good fun on country lanes though. Round track it'll still be the slowest, mind.