Burnt orange seats

dyla350z

Yes i used the complete kit,cleaned twice,conditioned twice & 3 light sponged on dye,they look like new,going to condition once more & fit,i went for the 500mm kit as ive got 2 sets but i reckon a 250mm kit would do 3 seats & a bit left over for touch ups,cant say enough good things about the stuff, :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have before and after kits? Do they have the exact colour match? I'm thinking of doing this to mine but having trouble finding all the details I want.

I got the kit through last week, they do a Black or Burnt Orange colour match. A big bottle of dye, probly enough for all of both seats, a bottle of soft cleaner and a bottle of conditioner (enough for probably at least 10 treatments) came to just over £30.

All I have had time to do so far is use the cleaner but OMG how much crap came off :scare: the seats are really clean and matt (how leather should be) I need to apply some dye to the bolster (usually the worst bit) and a couple of other places, then I will post some pics as I took some before ones ;)

These are mine:

c1369be6.jpg

Looks worse in the photo than in person I think! Do you think this kit is appropriate for the creases / scuffs you see there?

Indeed it is :thumbs:

Have a look at the website and google scuffmaster you will find lots of pics of seats looking like yours and then almost new.

http://www.liquidleather.com/car-shop.html

I got 250ml Scuffmaster, and a 65ml bottle of G11 & G12

As I say I have only used the G12 so far but very impressed with that alone!

Here are a couple of pics from detailingworld.co.uk

Before -

img0907fh.jpg

After -

img0911yj.jpg

Sounds like they are going to be getting some of my money!

Don't think you will regret it, my seats are nowhere near as bad as yours apart from 1 spot on the bolster where jeans rub it getting in and out.

I think someone spent a fair bit of time grinding their ass into my bolster :/

Yes take your time,when you do the first coat of dye it wil prob looked streaky but after about 5 light coats it looked brand new,they give you some gloss to add to the dye if you want a shiney finish,imo it looks better without,a day after i app the last dye i then app conditioner,anther tip is only dye the bits that need doing as the liq leath is perfect match :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread, i thought i would have a go on my orange seats with the liquid leather cleaner and conditioner..

Wow what a result, 3 hours later of toothbrush scrubbing and cleaning with lint free cloths....

Me and my step dad couldn't quite believe how bloody good this stuff is..I should have taken some before and after photos, a massive transformation. The leather has become softer and more vibrant in colour.

The amount of dirt that came of the seats/handbrake/gear stick and s/wheel was mad. I had a few small creases on the drives bolster which were really bothering me, totally removed them now, it was just dirt. Well chuffed.

Job done.