The Easy Way To Justify The Cost of a Zed

cerealuk

I've seen a lot of posts on this and other forums asking the all important question.. how expensive is it to run and use as a daily use car?

All too often people price it up and go omfg thats a lot.. for example my monthly costs are:

£200 loan repayment

£200 petrol

£50 insurance

£20 road tax

£100 servicing + wear and tear (estimate)

total: £570

This seems a lot, however if I look at what I was paying before to run my sensible 2.0l vectra

£130 loan repayment

£150 petrol

£35 insurance

£20 road tax

£60 servicing + wear and tear

total: £395

A difference of £175..

thus my zed is not costing me £570/month.. it's costing me £175 (as I'd have been paying £395/month anyway without it)..

Much easier to stomach :teeth::teeth::teeth:

£175 to drive a zed that turns head and makes me smile every time I get in it... bargain imo !

Isn't there a saying?

If you have to ask......... :lol:

Good break down on costings there.

who cares, as long as we enjoy driving our toys we are happy. I from what i have been hearing, your £200 on fuel might be slightly more soon!! :scare:

Easiest way to justify,

Cheaper than a herion addiction; slightly less destructive.

This is standard response to friends/family who have a dig because I spend money on the car. I probably spend less in a year on it than they do on booze & fags :surrender:

My Z is all paid for now :) But my loan was about £400 a month for it when I first got it :headhurt:

I'm payin 396 on my loan for the zed

Thats alot of money every month, i take it, it is worth it for you?

It was £10,000 over 2 & 1/2 years, after a year of having it id say yeah its worth it BUT i kind of regret getting it now while its looking like im going to take a big loss IF i manage to sell it, £8250 didnt get any interest so im about buy standard parts & sell the mods in an attempt to sell it :thumbdown: